Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal and Stephens

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It's mental isn't it. They're our most important players at the moment (no Kaz, I haven't forgotten you). It's a difficult job and we don't have cover.

maybe Hughton sees Crofts, Ince and JFC as adequate cover, also Harper may play as an attacking midfielder as a 3. I Know JFC is generally not very well regarded but I think Hughton is changing that. In the last two matches he has played JFC has been very attacking, against Walsall the best player on the park

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Completely agree. Having gone from three in midfield to two there might have been a danger that we'd have been overrun but Kayal and Stephens have dominated. Can't believe a few people on here would have been happy to sell Stephens to Derby.

It is a concern that, if one of them does get injured, we might end up a bit short in that position. Not convinced Ince can do the work that they put in. Crofts is the only other option, if he gets fit, unless we are in for the Chesterfield player mentioned on here earlier in the week.

Agreed as you say, at the moment Ince is great to shore up in times of stress but not sure what set of circumstances will see Crofty regaining a starting spot other than through injury or suspension.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
maybe Hughton sees Crofts, Ince and JFC as adequate cover, also Harper may play as an attacking midfielder as a 3.
I'll ignore having an extra midfielder, as we're currently playing 442 and it's going well. Crofts might be able to do it, but he's been out for ages so it's difficult to know. JFC is young still, and not at the level of Kayal and Stephens. In the future he could be great, and maybe he could do it this year, but it's too early to tell, IMO. Ince has proved himself to be a decent defensive midfielder, but again I don't know if he could do the central job in a 442.

Saying that, we don't seem to have been linked with many replacements.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When is Crofts expected to be ready for consideration for the first team having played a full DS game. Are any more on the horizon soon? IMHO if he regains his fitness etc he could provide the cover for Kayal and Stephens and also the defensive duties late in a game better than Ince.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Would love to see how many miles these guys cover in a game.

For me they are neck and neck in the (early) PotS standings and may have to arm wrestle/play Rock Paper Scissors to decide who wins.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 41m41 minutes ago Ilford, London

Being reported that Derby, after trying for Dale Stephens, could get Jacob Butterfield from Huddersfield for £3.5 million.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 41m41 minutes ago Ilford, London

Being reported that Derby, after trying for Dale Stephens, could get Jacob Butterfield from Huddersfield for £3.5 million.
Butterfield is at Derby now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here