Kayak substitution

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No way should Crofts have come off, he was MoM - the combative midfielder holding things together.

Stephens was having a mediocre game by his standards. Kayal was having one of his far-too-often ineffectual performances. For all his plaudits, he doesn't contribute anything like enough in the final third.

Right choice.

Can't agree that Kayal is too often ineffectual. I think he's played a massive part in our current league position. I think people are looking too much into it. Someone had to come off to facilitate the change in shape.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very hard to understand Kayal going of. It was not a case of who was playing well or not. Croft had hardly crossed half way line and it was he should have been subbed to leave Kayel to support forwards. Sorry but I am one of those that think Kayals poor game is better then most players good games

el punal

I'm glad he was pissed off at being subbed, I'm sure his reaction will be to show Hughton he was wrong in the next match. We need a bit of fight in the team.

But we have got fight in the team. Last night we showed passion and commitment. We lost through one glaring error and a few wrong decisions at vital moments. In addition we had absolutely no luck whatsoever. The important thing is to bounce back with a win against Wolves.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
But we have got fight in the team. Last night we showed passion and commitment. We lost through one glaring error and a few wrong decisions at vital moments. In addition we had absolutely no luck whatsoever. The important thing is to bounce back with a win against Wolves.
Two glaring errors - one by a linesman

Stattoseagull

Banned
Feb 25, 2007
Plumpton Green
Strange one for me, unless injured. We seemed to go very flat for 15 mins after he went off. He was the one driving us forward. He wasn't happy when he came off. Apologies for title, using iPhone

I'm reliably informed Beram has been a bit under the weather this week and with another game in a couple of days, I can understand Hughton's decision

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can't agree that Kayal is too often ineffectual. I think he's played a massive part in our current league position. I think people are looking too much into it. Someone had to come off to facilitate the change in shape.

Spot on. The Albion Roar/Al/The Large One have a very different interpretation of Kayal's contribution to you, I, and plenty of others on this site.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Canoe replace him?

He wasn't at his best. And he is clearly knackered. Crofts was excellent in the holding role last night. Gives us another option.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports