[Sussex] Katie Price Arrested Again for Alleged Drink Driving

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Impressive that her defence could refer to the driving as a one off incident. Not sure that will stand up to scrutiny

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It doesn't say that at all.

"Chair of the bench Julie Hutton gave Price an interim driving ban, warning her: "We regularly send people to prison for driving whilst disqualified."
Price was told that her sentence would be deferred until 15 December on the condition that she have treatment at the Priory Centre, and not commit any further offences.
She was told she must also engage with the probation service.
Ms Hutton told her: "On that basis, Ms Price, you are free to go and good luck at the Priory.
"

Well [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] that's one question from earlier answered.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She'll be suing the Sun and DM to pay for more holidays , plastic body parts and tattoos then no doubt :lolol:

Apparently they have added the drink to the charges and she admitted taking drugs, pleading guilty, sentencing to follow.

What a car crash....

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am surprised by the favourable reporting of this story. This is a repeat offender who was drug driving while disqualified and was involved in a collision, putting innocent people's lives in danger. She has personal problems and a drug/drink problem (like the majority of other offenders of this type who go to prison). I don't understand why the latter is what is being reported so sympathetically.

If she was Darren Chav of Moulsecoomb guilty of the same offences she'd have been locked up already

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It’s OK to go out, get pissed and drive around disqualified until you actually kill someone, at which stage they will put you in prison and get you some help, if only briefly?

No, it’s bloody not! Far too much sympathy for someone who has had so much privilege and so many chances to get sorted out.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
It doesn't say that at all.

"Chair of the bench Julie Hutton gave Price an interim driving ban, warning her: "We regularly send people to prison for driving whilst disqualified."
Price was told that her sentence would be deferred until 15 December on the condition that she have treatment at the Priory Centre, and not commit any further offences.
She was told she must also engage with the probation service.
Ms Hutton told her: "On that basis, Ms Price, you are free to go and good luck at the Priory.
"

They've changed it. Earlier it said that she had been remanded in custody. Those exact words.

The whole link has changed. It was just 2 paragraphs earlier. Odd.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A stint in jail will do her the world of good.

She will have plenty time in there to write another shit book about her totally uninteresting shit life that people seem to care about but for the life of me I cannot work out why ?

If she doesn't go to jail then it only goes to show that our Justice system protects the Rich and Guilty as opposed to the Poor and Innocent - She will get a Prison Sentence this time but I guarantee you that the Prison Sentence will be ''suspended'' - That's what happens when rich white women break the law continually in this country.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If somebody is taken to hospital after a crash, the procedure would be to obtain specimens of blood or urine to ascertain alcohol/ drug levels. Analysis of such specimens for evidential purposes takes weeks, not hours, as they go off to external forensic labs.

I have no insight into this case whatsoever (nor would I post it on here if I did!) but it's common to release people under investigation pending the results, and then summons them to court at a later date for the relevant offences IF the specimens come back over the limit. If there are other offences involved (such as driving while disqualified) the individual may be charged with those offences alone initially, or the whole lot may be lumped together for a single court hearing at a later date, depending on the individual circumstances of the case.

Sometimes they come back under the limit, for what it's worth. Or sometimes people refuse to provide specimens (then get charged with that).

Makes sense, thanks for sharing. I thought they could do it all pretty much on the spot these days.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I would let her off completely if she promised never to appear on TV ever again

And there we have it. Promises, promises.

“I’ll be good m’lord, I’ll get help, I’ll be a model citizen.”
“Oh, OK then. Errr, go down to the town and get me 20 Rothmans.”

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
it’s being suggested that this is the crash scene!

ftfy

C2B7D874-C011-494E-B394-DEB9C5D2C5C5.jpeg

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
They've changed it. Earlier it said that she had been remanded in custody. Those exact words.

The whole link has changed. It was just 2 paragraphs earlier. Odd.

She was remanded in police custody pending the court case today. It just means they charged her and then kept her at the station for a few hours until taking her straight to court for the hearing. You can only generally be kept in custody for 24hrs and then have to be charged or released, if charged you can be bailed to appear at court at a later date or remanded in custody pending the court hearing, she got the latter.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Having sat in the chair and dealt with quite a few of these offences I think the mags got it right.
Her celebrity status and wealth is irrelevant with regard to severity of the offences and will have played no part in the decision; KP's ability to fund a trip to the Priory might have bearing on it.
Driving whilst Disqualified : the most serious of the offences - you have been ordered not to drive by a court and warned that prison is a possible consequence if you ignore the order.
In this case, the Drink/drug Driving and No Insurance would be aggravating factors making sentencing more onerous.
A deferred sentence isn't very common but, in this instance, is being properly used so they can see if she has engaged to address her addictions. Having said that, if they'd sent her striaght down for six months (reduced to four months for an early guilty plea and released after serving half so out well before christmas) no-one would have questioned it and I doubt her solicitor would have appealed it.
My guess is that when she comes back in December she'll get 6 months suspended for two years with Mental health/alcohol treatment requirements if she's able to convince the sentencing bench sh has engaged and sent straight down if she cannot.
Personally I like suspended sentences; F..k up again and you go straight down whereas with immediate custody you do your time and your back out without any ongoing supervision.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
With Grant Shapps latest insanity that low level offenders can be trained up and used as HGV drivers as part of their punishment/re-habilitation I look forward to seeing Ms Price behind the wheel of a petrol tanker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports