Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kasabian...bloody good!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just bought their new album and have to say it is brilliant!!

I want to see this band perform live now!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Arn't they just knocking out the same indie dance stuff we most of us grew tired of about 10 years ago ?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
I have a problem with two of those words

"bought" and "album"

:lolol:

perhaps "obtained" is a better word then!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
REDLAND said:
Arn't they just knocking out the same indie dance stuff we most of us grew tired of about 10 years ago ?
Hmm, fair comment to a point. But there are some top notch tracks on there. Reason is treason is superb (especially the one at the end of Uboats) and so is Cutt Off.

Quite like LSF but think it's an overrated effort.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Simster said:
Hmm, fair comment to a point. But there are some top notch tracks on there. Reason is treason is superb (especially the one at the end of Uboats) and so is Cutt Off.

Quite like LSF but think it's an overrated effort.

Totally agree, marvellous cd it has to be said! Reason is Treason and Track 2 (not sure whats its called) by far the best! can't stop playing it!

:flameboun

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i think they're quality. got tickets yesterday to see them at the manchester apollo in april. true, their formula is similar to the madchester sound of the late 1980s but i reckon they have given it a conteporary edge and seeing them live is gonna be great.

kinky, i don't know why you've got a problem with buying albums. i download a ton of music off the net but i see it as a try-before-you-buy thing. it gives you an opportunity to sample loads of music but if you find something you genuinely like and would have bought in other circumstances, is it not thieving not to?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They are superb.

Love the album and their live performance is amazing.

Ok, so it is rehashing baggy but so what? When it is this f***ing good it does not matter.

Nice bloke as well.

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
They are playing the Brighton Centre on the 29 Apr 2005!

TiD, which date are you going to the Manchester gig? They are now doing three nights at the Apollo!

I'm going on Mon 25th!

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Kasabian are OK.

As I described them before, they are a watered down version of the (hugely underrated in my opinion) Cooper Temple Clause.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
a) They are only famous because those who read the NME nowadays cannot think for themselves.

b) Their music was made by better bands ten years ago.

c) Tim Lovejoy likes them - automatically shit (see GLC).

and

4) There is a rumour knocking about among the industry that a record label said tehy could take any band and make them famous no matter how poor they were. Kasabian being that band.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
:yawn:

Well I like em, everyone has their own taste!

Great group Imo and I dont read NME.

Cant wait to finish work, get in car and get the cd on!

:clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
a) They are only famous because those who read the NME nowadays cannot think for themselves.

and

4) There is a rumour knocking about among the industry that a record label said tehy could take any band and make them famous no matter how poor they were. Kasabian being that band.

I am pretty sure it had something to do with another bigger label putting money into a smaller PR company or something and they would do so on the provision that they proved how good they were by turning someone shit into superstars.

I like them though.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
tomysupercup said:
TiD, which date are you going to the Manchester gig? They are now doing three nights at the Apollo!

I'm going on Mon 25th!

by the time i got my act together they'd sold out the two initial gigs. i'm going to see them on the third night - tues 26th. gonna just miss you! where abouts in didsbury do you live? i'm at the poor man's didsbury i.e. fallowfield.
:(

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

and

a) Ive never read the NME and I was into them from the beginning, if you like the music what difference does amag make?

b) Their music was made by better bands but their music is still f***ing good so whats the problem?

c) You have said on here before you like GLC?

4) If the label turned them into a good band and the music is good whats the problem?

And

5) IF THE MUSICS NOT TO YOUR TASTE THEN LEAVE IT ALONE, BUT WHY CONSTANTLY POST HATE TOWARDS IT, LIKING BANDS ISNT LIKE SUPPORTING FOOTBALL TEAMS!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Dan said:
a) Ive never read the NME and I was into them from the beginning, if you like the music what difference does amag make?

b) Their music was made by better bands but their music is still f***ing good so whats the problem?

c) You have said on here before you like GLC?

4) If the label turned them into a good band and the music is good whats the problem?

And

5) IF THE MUSICS NOT TO YOUR TASTE THEN LEAVE IT ALONE, BUT WHY CONSTANTLY POST HATE TOWARDS IT, LIKING BANDS ISNT LIKE SUPPORTING FOOTBALL TEAMS!

All fair points, Ive said I thought the GLC were funny but people seem to think they are serious music makers. Not back tracking, they are good for a laugh.

ps I love to SLATE bands because only ones that I like are any good.
FACT.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Northstander said:
Just bought their new album and have to say it is brilliant!!

I want to see this band perform live now!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Did you get the CD with the DVD singles on? It's the same price as the one without, or was, and at first I thought I'd been ripped off cos couldn't find the DVD singles disc anywhere in the package. Then finally realised that it's on t'other side of the non-DVD album. Which is probably why it's a bit thicker than yer normal CD. Bit like meself really.... Doh! :dunce:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here