Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kaoru Mitoma [27/2/24 - possibly out for the rest of the season]

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
157m profit over the last 2 seasons, excluding huge transfer income from Caicedo and Sanchez, and loads of PL teams strugling to meet FFP limits says we aren't selling anyone this summer that we don't want to.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think he is going nowhere in the this or the New Year window, unless someone is prepared to spend stupid money, which no one has, and if they do have silly money, they would take into account a re sale worth and more than likely that will diminish.
I can see him going next summer perhaps if he regains his form after being out for so long.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Also Paul Barber mentioned the fact that we are planning a Far East pre season tour to capitalise on Karou. Hardly going to be planning that if we’ve already agreed to let him go.
Keeping him beyond the 2024/25 season will be tricky if he performs well, but it’s our model to trade players.
Yep just listened to that. If a deal for Mitoma to Arsenal is on the cards then Paul Barber certainly doesnt know about it, and given that in that same interview he talks about how he's more involved in outgoing deals recently then it pretty conclusively shows that the mentioned rumour on this thread is a load of bollocks.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep just listened to that. If a deal for Mitoma to Arsenal is on the cards then Paul Barber certainly doesnt know about it, and given that in that same interview he talks about how he's more involved in outgoing deals recently then it pretty conclusively shows that the mentioned rumour on this thread is a load of bollocks.
bhafc-buzz's-boot-room-quiz.png

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
He’s 27 next month which will influence when he is ripe to sell.
His value will start diminishing from the peak it probably currently is at.
I hope he stays.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I don't buy into this theory. Worst case he fails a medical. I don't think a team doesn't buy one of the best wingers in the league, probably world, simply because he had an injury that put him out for 3 months

Chelsea bought a recovering Lavia in the Summer and he's only managed 30 minutes of playing time this season, and is currently out after suffering another set back. Definitely makes for a risky acquisition.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
Chelsea bought a recovering Lavia in the Summer and he's only managed 30 minutes of playing time this season, and is currently out after suffering another set back. Definitely makes for a risky acquisition.
Back problems can also be persistent and difficult sometimes impossible to completely get rid off

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
157m profit over the last 2 seasons, excluding huge transfer income from Caicedo and Sanchez, and loads of PL teams strugling to meet FFP limits says we aren't selling anyone this summer that we don't want to.
Agreed unless they want to go, of course. :(

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Think we may get a bit tougher on this front. Mitoma is also not the type to kick off. I reckon we will tell him he needs to do one more season
I'd like to think we hold all the cards but I'm not so sure. We'll see.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I suspect any club wanting to shell out a fortune would wait to see what he's like post injury.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Think we may get a bit tougher on this front. Mitoma is also not the type to kick off. I reckon we will tell him he needs to do one more season
He’s 27 next month which will influence when he is ripe to sell.
His value will start diminishing from the peak it probably currently is at.
I hope he stays.
Yep for me he stays. But he is definitely going next summer. It's against our model to turn down a 50-75 million pound profit. At 28, with both that in mind and the player getting a big pay day, next summer feels like the optimum time.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
I do agree, but I also just don't think he's the type of player that can manage two games a week - so if a team in the CL wants him, he'll need to be rested in the PL.
Most possession teams play slower than we do (or did) and dont need their wingers back tracking as much as ours need to would run less if he played for one of the biggest

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agreed unless they want to go, of course. :(
They’ll only want to go if another club is prepared to pay them significantly more. In the current climate we’re likely to be very competitive on that front, particularly as Mitoma has just signed a new deal and is probably one of our highest earners.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
What cards? We're not one of the better payers, don't have European football.

We do have a contract though. Let's hope there's no 'release mechanism'
By cards I meant he’s under contract and we have no need to sell. The only slight doubt I have is if he wants out but doubt that very much. As others have said he looks and sounds very respectful and indeed honourable but he has shown how single minded he can be by finishing Uni before his football career. He’s definitely different!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
By cards I meant he’s under contract and we have no need to sell. The only slight doubt I have is if he wants out but doubt that very much. As others have said he looks and sounds very respectful and indeed honourable but he has shown how single minded he can be by finishing Uni before his football career. He’s definitely different!
Exactly. Even if he wants out , tough ! He's just signed a contract. We will only sell for crazy money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here