Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaney's World Cup Tipping Thread

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Welcome to Kaney's World Cup Tips, I am going to offer daily tips in hope to make an overall tournament profit. I will be using betfair's markets and odds, if you would like to open a betfair account, please pm me and i will refer you for which you will be able to claim a bonus.

Day One:

Germany v Costa Rica

Germany offer no value which is no surprise giving their inferior opposition, however they do have a lot to prove, being third favourites for the competition and last time's runners up.

I will be backing Germany -1.5 goals on the asian handicap market, currently priced at 1.81, which requires Germany to win by two clear goals.

More Value lies in Germany to win 3-1, with it being a long time since we have not had a surprise on the opening day, I recall England 1-1 Switzerland, Brazil 2-1 Scotland (yes the fact that Scotland lost just 2-1 was a surprise, not the fact brazil won!), France 0-1 Senegal, Portugal 1-3 Greece. This is currently priced at 14, or 13/1 to all you fractional punters!

Poland v Ecuador

Here I will go for the ht/ft option and highlight draw/poland at 5.6, Ecuador are relatively inexperienced in major tourneys and will fight hard to prove they're not just there to make up the numbers, but ultimately will cave into the prominent Polish attack.

Good Luck and Have Fun!!

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I think your lose your first bet !!

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Summary:

£5 on Germany -1.5 @ 1.83
£2 on Germany to win 3-1 @ 14
£3 on Draw/Poland @ 5.6

Current Betting Balance -£10 (Includes £10 Stake)

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
tommy boy said:
if the world cup was being held in ecuador they'd win it EASILY

as it isn't in ecuador, they won't:)

In theory they will be fitter than Poland as they play at higher altitude. They will have bigger lungs and run them ragged. An unknown quantity!

To quote US, get on it and get on it large.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have backed Mexico at 50/1 each way today

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Poland just to win at evens is a good bet...

BarrelofFun said:
In theory they will be fitter than Poland as they play at higher altitude. They will have bigger lungs and run them ragged. An unknown quantity!

Yeah but no but....

Ecuador have won just once (in the last four years) in a competitive match away from their home-altitude enhanced stadium.

That was away to Bolivia.....which is even higher than Ecuador's.

Poland to win tonight.
In fact Ecuador may go home with three losses.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Uncle Spielberg said:
I have backed Mexico at 50/1 each way today

figures

:p

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Only £ 10 e/w at the moment.

I also did £ 10 on England V Mexico final at 100/1.

I like Mexico , their team, style of play and fans and are very much my second team.

Come on Mexico :clap:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Only £ 10 e/w at the moment.

I also did £ 10 on England V Mexico final at 100/1.

I like Mexico , their team, style of play and fans and are very much my second team.

Come on Mexico :clap:

i too like Mexico...

there a good side no mugs thats for sure...

can see them winning there group ahead of the protugeeeeeeeese...

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I fancy Germany to win 3-0, although 13/2 on WillHill is a pretty shitty price.

Also, Poland 1-0 Ecuador

Last edited:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Klose 6/5 to score at anytime...

great bet...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mexico to win the group is a stonking bet.

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Day one didnt go as planned, but was looking brilliant 70 minutes into the world cup, with germany 3-1 up against costa rica, then wanchope who should have retired years ago popped up to haunt me, lukily a thunderbolt in the dying moments secured the 2 goal margin and I was able to take some return!

Day Two:

I begin with a treble, which gives me something to look for in the two games not featuring England, adding Sweden and Argentina to the Lions which pays 2.87, £5 on that will secure a £19 return should all go to plan!

England v Paraguay

I have just got £10 on England to win the world cup at 8.4, paying £74 profit should our prayers be answered this time round, however focusing on todays game there is no value on the result, the value lies in the correct score market, 2-0 in particular, at 7.8 this will generate £6.80 for every pound staked and therefore £2 will go on that!

On the asian handicap, England are 1.66 to win by 1 goal, which essentially is just to win, and I will be getting on this for £5.

One last bet on the game highlights Rio Ferdinand at 43/1 to score the first goal, with Beckham in form with delivery and Rio starting to score towards the end of the season, he is overpriced and £2 will be staked here too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here