Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kane to Bayern Munich?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/23/daniel-levy-told-to-sell-harry-kane-this-summer/

Majority Spurs owner Joe Lewis has told Levy that if Kane refuses to sign a new contract, he must be sold this summer as this is the club’s last opportunity to receive a fee. Manure are long time admirers, but are restricted by FFP after huge spending in recent windows, whilst Kane’s wife has reportedly been house hunting in Munich.

Bavaria is beautiful and this a chance to win silverware, he’s 30 next week, it seems like a no-brainer to me. The downside is that he’ll fall short of the 14 more prolific scorers he aimed to overtake.

IMG_0046.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Who cares ?
Anyone who supports England or anyone who will be glad that the cheating git might not be refereeing two games against us next season?

Always funny when someone takes the time to post on a thread they don’t care about. :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone who supports England or anyone who will be glad that the cheating git might not be refereeing two games against us next season?

Always funny when someone takes the time to post on a thread they don’t care about. :thumbsup:

Absolutely this. Would love to see the back of the snidey cheating whinging git.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does he have to come here?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’ll drive him to the airport if it becomes a sticking point in negotiations.

It would be interesting to see how this affects Spurs fortunes next season, and whether he’s had as much impact as it appears.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’ll drive him to the airport if it becomes a sticking point in negotiations.

It would be interesting to see how this affects Spurs fortunes next season, and whether he’s had as much impact as it appears.
With Levy running the day to day they are quickly going to be known as that mid table side that play in a great Stadium.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks @Weststander

The table was most interesting to me. Tony Cottee? I just never realised. Dixie Dean must have been some player, never mind Jimmy Greaves, who I saw play in a friendly after he’d retired.
Intersting, and quite a lot of players I have never heard of..Gordon Hodgson?

I always liked Cottee, he seemed a decent hard working professional and made the most of his ability. I believe he also has the distinction of playing in every professional league (i.e. EPL, Championship, L1 and 2) in a single season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Intersting, and quite a lot of players I have never heard of..Gordon Hodgson?

I always liked Cottee, he seemed a decent hard working professional and made the most of his ability. I believe he also has the distinction of playing in every professional league (i.e. EPL, Championship, L1 and 2) in a single season.
Yes there were a few I’d never heard of, and some I’d heard of but have never seen any footage of Hughie Gallagher.

The 1920s to 1930s were a different time for football…. 2-3-5 formation etc….
Probably de Zerbi ball, comes the closest to it these days 😃👌

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanks @Weststander

The table was most interesting to me. Tony Cottee? I just never realised. Dixie Dean must have been some player, never mind Jimmy Greaves, who I saw play in a friendly after he’d retired.

Cottee was a surprise to me too, we think of his years in an Everton team on a gradual decline. But at WH he was a goal machine, building a good base number.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks @Weststander

Got a fair number of them against us didn’t he, or did I just make that up?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Weren’t we in different divisions? Or did Cottee play for second/third division teams at the end?

[The table is top flight goals only].
We were in Division One in the early 80s when he played for WHU, you may be right but something tells me that he did score against us regularly when we played them, I could easily be wrong though.

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
I think he should stay one more season at spurs and then he'll have his pick of clubs once his contract is up.

Bayern are a huge club and the lure of guaranteed silverware would obviously be tempting but how much fun can it actually be playing in a one team league? They've won the league ELEVEN seasons on the trot. Makes Man City's recent domination of the Premier League look decidedly average.

From an Albion perspective though I hope he buggers off as soon as!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We were in Division One in the early 80s when he played for WHU, you may be right but something tells me that he did score against us regularly when we played them, I could easily be wrong though.

You’re correct, but just one goal against us, subject to internet analysis being correct.

IMG_1127.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here