Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just what was Dahoud thinking?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably mentioned already but I felt a notable shift at half time.

First half Billy was absolutely running the game, comfortably MOTM at that point. From what I could tell, Sheff Utd got instructions at half time to kick him about a bit.

Obviously not justifying what Dahoud did (and it was a red), but perhaps it was a little frustration at Sheff Utd's heavy tackling going unpunished?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree Gilmour moves into space very well, but as I have said before this is only when there is space and the midfield is open, isn’t very tight or congested. He isn’t strong enough to dictate play otherwise. In short I think he is quite a lightweight player. Good for some games, too weak for others.
I mean, he was absolutely superb first half yesterday in a tight and congested midfield, so not sure I can agree with that...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I mean, he was absolutely superb first half yesterday in a tight and congested midfield, so not sure I can agree with that...
I see you previous post about Gilmour comfortably being MOTM.......to use you polite words back, I'm note sure I can agree with that.

Watching this again, I don’t know how anyone thinks this is anything less than a straight red. Even frame by frame. Frame by frame it actually looks worse.

I’d be furious if someone has done that to one of our players.
Look at the NSC poll - no one thinks it's not a red except the same percentage of people who believe in UFOs. The debate is whether it was nasty/malicious or a clumsy accident. I'm definitely in the latter camp having looked at it at closely

Upgrade on Gilmour?!?!
You having a laugh, he needs to watch How Gilmour moves into space and always offers for the ball for a start.
I personally thought Dahoud had a better first half than Gilmour yesterday as Gilmour lost the ball in dangerous positions a couple of times when attempting to do something slightly more ambitious than his stock short passing. However, in the second half Dahoud then misplaced a couple of his passes and then made his bizarre error. For what it's worth, our coach then subsequently thought Gilmour had to be replaced. I wouldn't put it down as a particularly great afternoon for either player but Dahoud's was obviously the critical error of the game. Alongside Adingra losing the ball clumsily on the edge of the box for the equaliser (a player largely escaping criticism for this, because of his goal).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Can only put it down to frustration and inexperience I suppose - maybe seeing the heavy tackle on Gilmour moments before? Whether it was ‘intentional’ or not - dangerous play and a deserved red card - we were in uproar when Ferguson was stamped on his achilles by Fabinho - it’s risking a potentially a career changing injury when a player does that to another player - can understand why RDZ said he doesn’t like ‘80% referees’ though - he was probably wondering why Fabinho got away with a blatant red on Ferguson - the inconsistency in English refereeing is appalling.

That looks a lot like two red cards to me

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Watching this again, I don’t know how anyone thinks this is anything less than a straight red. Even frame by frame. Frame by frame it actually looks worse.

I’d be furious if someone has done that to one of our players.
100%. It looks as intentional as you can possibly be from those last angles. Shocking challenge.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I’ve watched it a few times and tbh, I think it looks intentional as well. I just think the direction his leg takes and the force he goes in with don’t look that natural if he were just playing the ball.

Regardless of intent though, it’s a clear red. I’m not sure how it can be debated, that’s leg-breaking stuff.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Probably intentional (dishing out a bit of what's just been given)
Was a bit of a Bartonesque challenge.

It would be hypocritical of me to state that it wasn't a red.
And yet conversely

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I see you previous post about Gilmour comfortably being MOTM.......to use you polite words back, I'm note sure I can agree with that.
I wonder if it looked different from our viewpoints - I was in the North and I saw him cover a huge amount of ground, winning tackles and intercepting, pointing and directing like a wee General, and spraying some lovely passes. Him, Dahoud and Lallana were producing pure silk in the first 25 mins.

Very frustrated that game wasn't killed off in the first half.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
His Instagram...
Screenshot_20231113-160319~2.png

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yeah, absolutely this. You can argue it's a red card, he gets it wrong, but I'm not sure there is any real argument he's gone out to hurt the player?
Many are convinced it was an intentional effort to hurt the player, which could have very easily resulted in career ending a leg break. :ffsparr:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Probably mentioned already but I felt a notable shift at half time.
The 'shift' at half time, was RDZ inexplicably f***ing up once again, by changing a system that was working well. Just like in the Fulham game, as soon as Lallana went off we went from having total control of the game, to getting involved in a 50/50 scrap.

If Lallana needed to come off, fine - replace him with somebody else in the same role - push Groß up there and bring Baleba into midfield, for example. Every time, back to the two strikers thing, that has repeatedly not worked well. I know people will jump to his defence and argue that Joao Pedro drops deep too - but it is absolutely not the same thing.

Why is he so determined to constantly leave us outnumbered in midfield :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The 'shift' at half time, was RDZ inexplicably f***ing up once again, by changing a system that was working well. Just like in the Fulham game, as soon as Lallana went off we went from having total control of the game, to getting involved in a 50/50 scrap.

If Lallana needed to come off, fine - replace him with somebody else in the same role - push Groß up there and bring Baleba into midfield, for example. Every time, back to the two strikers thing, that has repeatedly not worked well. I know people will jump to his defence and argue that Joao Pedro drops deep too - but it is absolutely not the same thing.

Why is he so determined to constantly leave us outnumbered in midfield :shrug:
Should have shifted Buonanotte into Lallana’s position perhaps……

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder if it looked different from our viewpoints - I was in the North and I saw him cover a huge amount of ground, winning tackles and intercepting, pointing and directing like a wee General, and spraying some lovely passes.
I have a very different viewpoint to this. I'm not saying he had a bad game, but equally I did not see much of this. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here