Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just want to say hello

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
City College is like the name suggests, just a college with not really any clubs/societies or much of a social scene. I go to Sussex Uni though, try and get in here there's a lot more going on including a good Irish contigent and of course, East Slope on matchdays for cheap drinks :drink:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
City College is like the name suggests, just a college with not really any clubs/societies or much of a social scene. I go to Sussex Uni though, try and get in here there's a lot more going on including a good Irish contigent and of course, East Slope on matchdays for cheap drinks :drink:

Cool.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Anyways, anyone on here attending the City College? what are the success rates for getting into Uni after?

I went to Brighton Technical College in 1976/77 and then went on to do a degree.

Perhaps more relevant, daughter1 went to City College and then went on to Falmouth Uni - was accepted at both the other two Uni's she applied for. Graduated last month with a 2:1 #proudfather

Some of her work has been discussed here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?291088-Art-student-please-vote&highlight=falmouth

So, for this household, it's 100%

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

Just out of interest, how come you're going to City College? If you were looking for a more academic college then BHASVIC would have been better. I myself have tried to get jobs in Brighton and it is quite difficult at the moment as most people have the summer jobs. I'm too lazy for one at the moment so I referee instead. I know a few people that go to City College and it isn't really a social hub, most people go in for the lesson or whatever they're doing and go.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My kids went to BHASVIC and Varndean and I do a bit of part-time work with lots of college age kids. From all the ones I talk to, in terms of social aspect, Varndean seems far more sociable than both BHASVIC and City College (possibly because it's the smallest ?).

Garfunkaal

Sep 25, 2013
Co. Wicklow

That is my aim!

I'm doing an Access course then hopefully get into Sussex :)

Garfunkaal

Sep 25, 2013
Co. Wicklow
Just out of interest, how come you're going to City College? If you were looking for a more academic college then BHASVIC would have been better. I myself have tried to get jobs in Brighton and it is quite difficult at the moment as most people have the summer jobs. I'm too lazy for one at the moment so I referee instead. I know a few people that go to City College and it isn't really a social hub, most people go in for the lesson or whatever they're doing and go.

Because I've already got my Leaving Cert (A Levels) so I was looking for an access course :p

Garfunkaal

Sep 25, 2013
Co. Wicklow
Hey all

So I didn't get a place in my desired course so I've to do Maths for a year :(

Ah well, plans are the same, looking for a room to rent in a houseshare and looking for work online, not having much luck haha!

Garfunkaal

Sep 25, 2013
Co. Wicklow
My kids went to BHASVIC and Varndean and I do a bit of part-time work with lots of college age kids. From all the ones I talk to, in terms of social aspect, Varndean seems far more sociable than both BHASVIC and City College (possibly because it's the smallest ?).

Even with the evening courses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here