Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just the Striker to Come.......................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From wikipedia about him

Full name Fernando Ezequiel Cavenaghi
Date of birth September 21, 1983 (age 28)
Place of birth O'Brien, Argentina
Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)[1]
Playing position Striker
Club information
Current club Free agent
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2001–2004 River Plate 122 (72)
2004–2007 Spartak Moscow 63 (17)
2007–2011 Bordeaux 105 (46)
2010 → Mallorca (loan) 13 (6)
2011 → Internacional (loan) 13 (5)
2011–2012 River Plate 38 (19)
National team‡
2003 Argentina U-20 12 (11)
2008– Argentina 4 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of June 23 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of August 16, 2011
Fernando Ezequiel Cavenaghi (born September 21, 1983 in O'Brien) is an Argentine football player who currently is free agent. He is a striker who is efficient in front of goal with either foot and from any range.[2]
Contents [hide]
His record shows 152 goals from 328 appearances all for reasonably good clubs,

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I know he's not exactly a striker but that Tchoyi from West Brom is now a free agent, 6'3 , built like a brick. Would grace this division for anyone.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bordeaux loaned him out 2 years running despite scoring 45 in 105 games for them. Weird. It's actually possible (just going by his wiki page as i've never heard of him).

Same! He seems to have a decent record though and I would have thought we'd be more attractive than most other English clubs (because of Gus and Tanno)

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I think Mackie from QPR would be a good signing as always looked good in the premier league and is quite strong, i think would be the type of forward we need and someone who knows where the net is

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Fernando Cavenaghi puede ser el 'nuevo nueve' del Valencia, afirman en Argentina. El Gordo podrÃ*a volver a la Liga de España - Goal.com

Fernando Cavenaghi may be the 'back nine' of Valencia, say in Argentina
According to the newspaper Olé, the Argentine art traveled to Spain to negotiate a possible move by Che. Having finished contract with River Plate, the transfer would not pay for it

Much attention in Valencia, because the striker could get to replace the transferred Aritz Aduriz might surprise more than one. According to the website of the newspaper Olé , Fernando Cavenaghi, former Mallorca in the Liga and currently without a team, traveled to Spain to negotiate a possible move by Che.

Cavenaghi, who triumphed at River Plate before moving to Europe and now has helped the team they love being the top scorer Millionaire in the campaign's return to First Division, Nunez left a free agent in his possession. It would, therefore, a transfer low cost for Valencia, as there would have to pay transfer for Gordo , but only tempt you with a good contract. striker, 28, has also been probed in Argentina Velez Sarsfield and San Lorenzo , although the possibility of returning to play in Europe could seduce more. For Valencia also Cavenaghi might be a good solution to the output of Aduriz, who left to return to Athletic Bilbao leaving a good amount by transfer in Mestalla club coffers.

Valencia you say?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would love it if we got Cavenaghi.

Can't see it though, of course he could go to Valencia and then he'd be guaranteed to turn up here in a couple of years anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I heard a decent rumour it's toto schillacci

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Fernando Cavenaghi puede ser el 'nuevo nueve' del Valencia, afirman en Argentina. El Gordo podrÃ*a volver a la Liga de España - Goal.com

Fernando Cavenaghi may be the 'back nine' of Valencia, say in Argentina
According to the newspaper Olé, the Argentine art traveled to Spain to negotiate a possible move by Che. Having finished contract with River Plate, the transfer would not pay for it

Much attention in Valencia, because the striker could get to replace the transferred Aritz Aduriz might surprise more than one. According to the website of the newspaper Olé , Fernando Cavenaghi, former Mallorca in the Liga and currently without a team, traveled to Spain to negotiate a possible move by Che.

Cavenaghi, who triumphed at River Plate before moving to Europe and now has helped the team they love being the top scorer Millionaire in the campaign's return to First Division, Nunez left a free agent in his possession. It would, therefore, a transfer low cost for Valencia, as there would have to pay transfer for Gordo , but only tempt you with a good contract. striker, 28, has also been probed in Argentina Velez Sarsfield and San Lorenzo , although the possibility of returning to play in Europe could seduce more. For Valencia also Cavenaghi might be a good solution to the output of Aduriz, who left to return to Athletic Bilbao leaving a good amount by transfer in Mestalla club coffers.

Valencia you say?
Seems very unlikely then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here