Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
With real connections here to Ukraine, I simply couldn’t do that. Vile, snide postings. A wonderful relief when the Mods dealt with him.
As a Jewish person, I rose above it - you have to but I did report his anti-semitic posts.

Anyway, me saying I valued a lot of what he had to say was not intending to put myself in the firing line so people could project the ire they had against Swanny onto me in his absence.

So probably best to get back on topic.🙂

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I realise it's a possibility, I wasn't sure of the numbers and if judges actually use it.

This article is suggesting less than 100, I bet there's far fewer for unpaid tv license. So yes it's true but you've added the hyperbole of "clogging the prisons up". It's not.

You also mentioned peaceful protesters. Nobody is in prison for peaceful protest.
People were arrested and kept in cells overnight for holding up blank pieces of paper near the King. A woman was arrested and locked up for 18 hours on the day of the Coronation, because she was standing near JSO protestors in Trafalgar Square.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
And people thought Priti Patel was bad ! The idea that you should remove the ability from homeless people using a tent to shelter from the elements is nothing short of disgusting ( I wish I could think of a stronger word ). So instead they need to just lie on cardboard. 99% of homeless people are not sleeping on the streets by choice. Maybe Braverman should be forced to spend a month homeless. There a few heartless, vile human beings in the UK at the moment than her.
She really is an appalling human being. I just cannot understand a person holding such views is Home Secretary of this country.
As you say, I would love her to spend some time living on the streets.
Vile creature.🤬😰

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
But they are - a peaceful protest is non-violent - clearly you didn’t read the link I posted above
From the article you shared:
activists have been jailed after blocking roads, disrupting court proceedings and in one case climbing on top of an aeroplane

Regardless of the definition of peaceful protest, which you and I disagree on, all of those things are offences that very you arrested. If your "peaceful protest" consists of vandalism or trespass then you should expect to get arrested.
People were arrested and kept in cells overnight for holding up blank pieces of paper near the King. A woman was arrested and locked up for 18 hours on the day of the Coronation, because she was standing near JSO protestors in Trafalgar Square.
So what's the full story here? JSO never tell the full story. Causing a nuisance to the police at a high secuirty high profile terror target will most likely get you arrested, even if the charge doesn't stick. That's always been the case. They're not being picked on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From the article you shared:
activists have been jailed after blocking roads, disrupting court proceedings and in one case climbing on top of an aeroplane

Regardless of the definition of peaceful protest, which you and I disagree on, all of those things are offences that very you arrested. If your "peaceful protest" consists of vandalism or trespass then you should expect to get arrested.

So what's the full story here? JSO never tell the full story. Causing a nuisance to the police at a high secuirty high profile terror target will most likely get you arrested, even if the charge doesn't stick. That's always been the case. They're not being picked on.
Trespass is not a criminal offence, it is a civil one.

Being arrested for holding blank pieces of paper, ie not saying Not My King (people previously arrested for this) are nothing to do with JSO.
These are examples of peaceful protests where people have been arrested and locked up overnight. Something you didn’t believe was happening.

Going back to JSO, several journalists covering the motorway demos, were arrested, despite having press credentials, laptops, cameras etc confiscated and even homes searched, before being released the following day.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Trespass is not a criminal offence, it is a civil one.

Being arrested for holding blank pieces of paper, ie not saying Not My King (people previously arrested for this) are nothing to do with JSO.
These are examples of peaceful protests where people have been arrested and locked up overnight. Something you didn’t believe was happening.

Going back to JSO, several journalists covering the motorway demos, were arrested, despite having press credentials, laptops, cameras etc confiscated and even homes searched, before being released the following day.

Personally I don't agree with JSO and their actions but it's hard to disagree with civil liberties being curtailed now more than ever. It's as if the Power given to authorities during Covid lockdown seems to have gone to their heads and unwilling to let go.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
probably public order offense, or obstructing highway. being part of protest, police tell you to disperse and you dont, you're liable to be arrested. JSO is being dishonest not giving any details or context, just a giving the emotive point about being a nurse (does that make a difference to an offense either way?)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
probably public order offense, or obstructing highway. being part of protest, police tell you to disperse and you dont, you're liable to be arrested. JSO is being dishonest not giving any details or context, just a giving the emotive point about being a nurse (does that make a difference to an offense either way?)
The detail is the nurse was handing out leaflets. It’s there if you look for it rather than posts on NSC. But then the police are never wrong, are they?
Arresting women on the Sarah Everard vigil under the pretence of covid rules. The same rules the evil bile murderer used to abduct her.
Those same protestors were given compensation from the State because Pritti Patel had no right to order the police in to break it up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The detail is the nurse was handing out leaflets. It’s there if you look for it rather than posts on NSC. But then the police are never wrong, are they?
Arresting women on the Sarah Everard vigil under the pretence of covid rules. The same rules the evil bile murderer used to abduct her.
Those same protestors were given compensation from the State because Pritti Patel had no right to order the police in to break it up.
police are wrong all the time. however as there's no offnse of "handing out leaflets" the reason for arrest would have been something else. so we know we're being misled from the start. weather the arrest is valid or not, what happend next (caution, de-arrested, bound over?), we dont know because JSO only tell us a part of story. beacuse they are a biased observer trying to put a message, not honest reporting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
police are wrong all the time. however as there's no offnse of "handing out leaflets" the reason for arrest would have been something else. so we know we're being misled from the start. weather the arrest is valid or not, what happend next (caution, de-arrested, bound over?), we dont know because JSO only tell us a part of story. beacuse they are a biased observer trying to put a message, not honest reporting.
Follow it up then. Don’t just take my word for it.
It‘s easy to sneer on Nsc, so prove JSO wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Plenty of them are being proved wrong in a court of law :thumbsup:

If they don't like being sneered at they should stop behaving like selfish criminals.
There have been lots of good people labelled selfish criminals by those who oppose them. The protest laws were changed in April this year.
it depends on whether you believe the cause is right.
Look up how many politicians have share in fossil fuels.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I imagine he has withdrawn funding due to potentially being liable for some of the cost of the damage they have done as well.

What did they expect to happen when they were stopping people getting to work, doing damage to property and in a very few occasions stopping people getting to treatment.

Not going to win the hearts and minds of the public, no matter how noble the cause is.

Labour have already said they won't be undoing certain Tory policies.
Perhaps the Tories should be held financially liable for weaponisation of environmental issues and watering down of protections.

Endorsing the poisoning of Londoners allowed them to show their true colours.

I think Dale Vince would openly welcome being sued

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Great to see the new legislation in action! Finally the OB are doing their job and clearing the roads quickly.

Look at the state of this tosser in the video :lolol:

When you get nicked just stand up and go quietly mate, then it won't hurt :LOL:

Hope he didn’t need an ambulance because his buddies stopped one of them (blue lights on) getting through as well

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ah I see we’re at the “I’m fine with police brutality, actually” stage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here