Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just incase your interested tonights friendly Albion XI v Kingstonian

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I feel REALLY f***ing sorry for Whing. Thought he would at least go to Portugal, is it because he is Ginger?

No its because he isnt good enough and Gus has seen it but in fairness to him he hasnt done too badly in the pre season friendlies so somebody will come in for him. Gus speaks well of his proffesional approach to training etc and that he wil not kick him out.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
James Smith and Arron Hopkinson

Hopkinson is 18? So a 2nd year scholar? I presumed he was a school boy because he was never announced as signing on as a scholar as far as I know?

He did all right down the right wing. Shot just over in the second half when we were 3-2 down. His passing got a bit sloppy in the second half but I guess that was tired legs.

Smudge was very good at left back. Connor looked very assured in centre mid, passing the ball about really well. His free kick was awesome. Just outside the box, over the wall and in off the post. Caskey came on in the second half and looked good too.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Hopkinson is 18? So a 2nd year scholar? I presumed he was a school boy because he was never announced as signing on as a scholar as far as I know?

He did all right down the right wing. Shot just over in the second half when we were 3-2 down. His passing got a bit sloppy in the second half but I guess that was tired legs.

Smudge was very good at left back. Connor looked very assured in centre mid, passing the ball about really well. His free kick was awesome. Just outside the box, over the wall and in off the post. Caskey came on in the second half and looked good too.

Hopkinson's on trial. Thanks for the info.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Ah okay, cos he played a few times last season didn't he. Plays for Lewes, I remember now.

Yeah, he was on trial for the last few months of last season as well. Yep was at Lewes cos his dad's the assistant (?) manager.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It is a shame for Whingy but lets be honest, he was player of the season in an extraordinarily poor team. We've moved on now and would anyone really prefer Whing to Calderon?

Good luck to him though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here