Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got home from the game......

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not having gone to this spectacle of soccer last night (well done those that did!) I suppose the biggest positive of the lot was that we didn't lose. We gained a valuable point away from home and, because of it, remain outside the bottom three. How important could that point be come the end of the season. In our current state be thankful for small mercies.
I concur.
We are crap. We played a side who are less crap at their ground and didn't lose. That's good isn't it ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For those that were unfortunate to have been to both, how did this compare with the zero shot extravaganza at Bristol City this time 2 years ago?
Similar, but at least our striker didn't rupture his Achilles in this one.

DjembeJon

Dec 30, 2014
Sussex by the sea
Second time I have been to Cardiff. Last time we all got a free red scarf and we won. The least they could have done was to give us a free blue and white one to go with it! Football was dire. The Cardiff fans didn't wake up until after half time by which time we had all gone to sleep. Highlight "Tony Bloom's Blue and White Army" being sung for about 20 minutes solid. Followed by a short rendition of right side left side but actually we were all on the same side. Still at least we didn't concede.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Listening to the game on the radio, Best sounded really disappointing and I would have rather have had CMS playing, breaking a sweat and making their defenders work for their money.

If that is the best that Best has to offer Hughton, he is a waste of a loan. With his experience in the game I had high expectations of him, but after last night I can forget that and can put CMS well ahead of him in the pecking order. On the plus side it sounded like JFC put in a decent shift.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How did Kayal play ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How did Kayal play ?
The odd flash here and there. He has a bit of a burst of pace, got in Bennetts way once, but in all honesty he was a bit quiet. If I were to rank the three sitting midfielders it would be Ince, Kayal then Caskey in order of effectiveness.

We had quite a few free kicks and corners last night, Teixiera took them and often failed to beat the first man, we could have done with Holla's superior set pieces as we were NEVER going to score from open play.

I'd like to see Kayal, Ince and Holla against Wednesday with Stephens available to come on from the bench. Lualua for Bruno/Calderon (whichever is on the wing) and O'Grady for Best. O'Grady is twice the player that Best is by the way.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Was Danny Holla injured. If not, don't understand why he was not at least on the bench . He had his best game for a while against Forest and his dead ball delivery is the best in the club. He was unlucky when he hit the bar at home and his corners always miss the first man, so for me he has to start in front of JFC. Not even on the bench leaves a question mark against CH for me re this team selection.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Arrived early - took the park and ride into town - walked around a pastiche of an 11th century castle - returned to watch the game and all we saw was a parody of two football teams playing a competitive match - nothing else worth saying. The highlight of the day was a coffee in Cafe Nero.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The odd flash here and there. He has a bit of a burst of pace, got in Bennetts way once, but in all honesty he was a bit quiet. If I were to rank the three sitting midfielders it would be Ince, Kayal then Caskey in order of effectiveness.

We had quite a few free kicks and corners last night, Teixiera took them and often failed to beat the first man, we could have done with Holla's superior set pieces as we were NEVER going to score from open play.

I'd like to see Kayal, Ince and Holla against Wednesday with Stephens available to come on from the bench. Lualua for Bruno/Calderon (whichever is on the wing) and O'Grady for Best. O'Grady is twice the player that Best is by the way.

Marshall had to tip one over the bar from Teixeira's free kick in the second half. It was the closest we came to scoring.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Agree

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Marshall had to tip one over the bar from Teixeira's free kick in the second half. It was the closest we came to scoring.
Well he did, but it was a pretty routine save. Generally the set pieces were wasted.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Just got back from the game...Wednesday eve after working in Bath today. That result looked like it was decided in a Malaysian gambling den an hour before kick off. The nearest thing I have seen to a fix since the 1 1 draw with Rochdale...just saying allegedly so to speak

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Just got back from the game...Wednesday eve after working in Bath today. That result looked like it was decided in a Malaysian gambling den an hour before kick off. The nearest thing I have seen to a fix since the 1 1 draw with Rochdale...just saying allegedly so to speak

Ha. Well done for going. But these dull matches come up occasionally

Slim Boy Fat

Dec 30, 2013
First half Cardiff were terrible - hard to describe how bad they were. We were much the better team until we got close to goal and then we were dire. Second half Cardiff improved and it was a more even contest - they had two clear goal chances and we managed to not take a shot on target for most of ours (I can remember one free kick that needed a save, other than that we didn't really work the keeper). It really was a poor game and sadly two poor sides. Being the better of the two poor sides and not getting 3 points is disappointing.

I checked with the BBC at half time, who claimed there were four shots on target in the first half. Well that's two more than I saw.

I went with a Welsh (non Cardiff supporting) mate. His views on both teams are un printable. Very poor, he thought. Kayal and Stephens look ok, although at one time in the second half I thought they had turned the pitch around whilst I wasn't looking as Stephens tracked from one side of the pitch all the way over to the other.

Do we not practice shooting? Apart from Tex's free kick the only other shot of note came from KLL who hit a defender somewhere warm and soft. Ouch!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I
I checked with the BBC at half time, who claimed there were four shots on target in the first half. Well that's two more than I saw.

I went with a Welsh (non Cardiff supporting) mate. His views on both teams are un printable. Very poor, he thought. Kayal and Stephens look ok, although at one time in the second half I thought they had turned the pitch around whilst I wasn't looking as Stephens tracked from one side of the pitch all the way over to the other.

Do we not practice shooting? Apart from Tex's free kick the only other shot of note came from KLL who hit a defender somewhere warm and soft. Ouch!

But was it on target!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here