Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got an air rifle - anyone else shoot on here?

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
As the title says - just got myself an HW97K with Hawke 3-9x40 scope.

Plan to do a bit of field targetting, plus should any unlucky bunnies, squirrels or crows happen to be passing by....

Anyone else hunt with air rifles on here?
If so, where do you shoot?

Cheers

Ming

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Shooting animals for fun, are you some kind of redNECK retard ???

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
mmmmm, me like my gun.
there are many others like it, but this one is mine.
mine d'ya hear? all mine

mwhahahaha

don't need a license either - hehe

Last edited:

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
hmmm weils disease, lymes disease?

If you live in the country Redland you'll understand, if you live in the town, then shut the f*** up

prick

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Minghawk said:
hmmm weils disease, lymes disease?

If you live in the country Redland you'll understand, if you live in the town, then shut the f*** up

prick

I lived in the countrySIDE (I assume you mean) for 18 years before moving to Brighton, you redNECK halfwit :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Minghawk said:
hmmm weils disease

What, so you're going to shoot rats with an air rifle?

They'll SPIT the pellet out and LAUGH at you.

(Like the rest of us).

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
"Plan to do a bit of field targetting, plus should any unlucky bunnies, squirrels or crows happen to be passing by...."

what a complete dick.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
my friend bought an air rifle a few weeks ago and we were shooting at targets in the back garden and one day we had the police come around and they said "we've had 3 complaints from people in the area about pellets hitting windows"
i dont think the police believed me when i said its impossible to actually hit any other windows except for ours, unless the pellet actually rebounded off the target at a greater speed than it came out.
needless to say we have had to stop shooting because of some neighbours that dont appreciate fine shooting :angry:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When I lived in Lancing I used to have a shotgun and I belonged to a club. I did mainly clay shoots but I did go out what was called 'rough' shooting where you shoot pigeons etc. Wherever possible I tried to eat what I shot - not always possible though.

And you haven't LIVED until you've been lamping.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Nothing wrong with shooting rabbits and squirrels. They are both legitimate game. So long as you intend to eat what you shoot. I think you also need a licence to shoot them even if you don't need one for the gun.

Not sure about the crows though. You have me worried there.

Judging by the "cuddly animal" brigade on here there must be a lot of vegetarians on NSC.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Conkers said:
my friend bought an air rifle a few weeks ago and we were shooting at targets in the back garden and one day we had the police come around and they said "we've had 3 complaints from people in the area about pellets hitting windows"
i dont think the police believed me when i said its impossible to actually hit any other windows except for ours, unless the pellet actually rebounded off the target at a greater speed than it came out.
needless to say we have had to stop shooting because of some neighbours that dont appreciate fine shooting :angry:

Unless your friends back garden is about 2 acres - its not really very neighbourly anyhow? Besides the risk tp any small children about...

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
wow - cheers for the flaming guys.

If anyone is interested - I do eat the rabbits that I shoot.
Rats are vermin (esp. around livestock feed).
Rabbits and Rats can be killed humanely (single head shot) at about 30-50 yards with an air rifle shot by someone who knows what they are doing.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Lammy said:
Judging by the "cuddly animal" brigade on here there must be a lot of vegetarians on NSC.

I couldn't give a crap about rabbits or squirrals and happily GOBBLE down most any meat that comes my way (including WHALE), but shooting animals for the sake of it just seems a bit retarded really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here