Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just getting fed up with our inability to win a big game

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Sick of this too. The last 7 months have been utterly depressing at times, it’s the hope that kills you.

Very tempted to jack the season ticket in.

I can now see why folk in Sussex get into ManC or Real, as they never let supporters down.
Yeah it's the shittest time ever to be a Brighton fan. Count me out. :ffsparr:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Failing to win either of Fulham and Brentford is obviously frustrating but thisis somewhat OTT

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Fall squarely under the big team having a mini crisis category - or even just that we raised our game for obvious and exceptional reasons. Admittedly they weren't in bad form before playing us, but hindsight shows they were definitely shite.

Claiming Chelsea were in a mini-crisis is absolute bollocks. They were 9 unbeaten when we beat them.

Losing to us caused their crisis.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You can’t think of a good win in the past 5 seasons, which have been the best in our history. Bloody hell.
Well, I've thoroughly enjoyed turning over Bruce and Moyes dinosaur Newcastle and West Ham sides, or bursting Leeds balloons, and of course enjoyed beating those underperforming Man Utd and Arsenal teams over and over and listening to their fans wanting everyone sacked on 606.

But a win today would have meant so much more, coming up against a real rival, another team doing great, another team playing well, and beating them, that would have been a real feather in our cap. But not to be. Again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
EXACTLY! That's my point, we don't win these games. On the other hand Fulham have done this twice against us this season
We haven’t beaten Fulham at all in PL. We don’t have a right to beat them. It sounds entitled

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We haven’t beaten Fulham at all in PL. We don’t have a right to beat them. It sounds entitled
I'll reply to you whose calling me entitled rather than that Spurs bloke - I'm one of the least entitled Brighton fans around and people who know my posting history on here will know that.

An entitled fan would expect to win that game and be pissed off we didn't. I didn't expect to win, I know how good Brentford are.

It's not about that, it's not about our league position and being annoyed we haven't got more points. It's about that feeling of going into a real, proper, six pointer battle against a great team and coming out victorius, I want that feeling. Brentford and Fulham have had it three times between them against us this season. Sure we can beat the lines of Man U and Liverpool and enjoy beating the name of the team we've beat, but games like today are the real battle.

Oh, and it's not a kneejerk thing, been thinking this for a while now. Coming out victorious against a team playing well isn't something we do that often.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our corners are embarrassing, might as well just give the opposition a goal kick. Why are we not varying the takers?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
6th in the Premier League 26 years after nearly dropping into the Conference and still moaning.

What an entitled fan base.
6th in the Premier League 26 years after nearly dropping into the Conference and still moaning.

What an entitled fan base.
Exactly, you would never hear Spurs fans being disgruntled.

MitomaFan

Feb 9, 2023
I'll reply to you whose calling me entitled rather than that Spurs bloke - I'm one of the least entitled Brighton fans around and people who know my posting history on here will know that.

An entitled fan would expect to win that game and be pissed off we didn't. I didn't expect to win, I know how good Brentford are.

It's not about that, it's not about our league position and being annoyed we haven't got more points. It's about that feeling of going into a real, proper, six pointer battle against a great team and coming out victorius, I want that feeling. Brentford and Fulham have had it three times between them against us this season. Sure we can beat the lines of Man U and Liverpool and enjoy beating the name of the team we've beat, but games like today are the real battle.

Oh, and it's not a kneejerk thing, been thinking this for a while now. Coming out victorious against a team playing well isn't something we do that often.

I must not have a very good grasp of the English language, because this entire thread sounds exactly like "pissed off we didn't win" to me :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here