Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just found a little bit of Albion History

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A match many remember as probably the worst game of football ever seen in the history of the football league.

It's a good though to keep in mind next time Davy whacks one over the bar or Dale turns down the opportunity to launch a quick attack (though the chance to see those would be a fine thing at present). No matter how badly we play, it will be a million times better than that

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Here’s a few bits I have squirrelled away, the yearbook is from the year of my birth (1965), there are two items that reference our short lived ‘Dolphins’ nickname and an iron on ‘Sergeant Major’ type sleeve badge.

a7fcd3dffc8ce33e09a9a80840804238.jpg

Love that patch on the right below the flag.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Right - I have inspired myself to take a few photos. Here is the folder from Goldstone hospitality I mentioned - you can see how long it has been in the shed.

folder.jpg

Think one of these mags may have been in the folder

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg
My mum had this guy made for us as a house warming present

statue.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
And these from when I was a kid. This used to have a comb in it

comb.jpg

Remember when sweat bands were a thing? Used to wear these every time I played football with my mates

sweat.jpg

Terry Connor gave me this at a Christmas party in some Hove hotel.

gonk.jpg

And finally, a faded mousemat from the Gillingham era.

mouse mat.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’ve got more in my Mum’s basement like a fully working seat with frame from the West Stand, an Albion Cup Final flat cap, and these bits below, Cup Final programme and ticket, replay programme and a 1977-78 Albion squad puzzle.
E2F0F53D-8F92-4D0E-8E26-B4538DB00896.jpeg

0865C391-3CBF-42FD-8E80-2D0FA22D0E43.jpeg

D7325012-B1C0-4A11-91D5-E60059DC34D3.jpeg

686CDA66-01E8-4763-BEA5-E8C023D41E15.jpeg

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
This is an excellent thread.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Got my bookshelves tidy and all my Albion stuff nicely grouped and found a charity shop purchase I had forgotten about. A totally unofficial jigsaw from the last couple of years. Decided to go full Stage 5 lockdown mode and started it this afternoon. It is the 1000 piece version of this.

https://www.happypuzzle.co.uk/products/brighton-and-hove-albion-400-piece.aspx

Fairly sure I have a Play Off final jigsaw somewhere. Given I just got a letter telling me to expect to be Furloughed until the end of June, I might have to dig it out.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Here’s a few bits I have squirrelled away, the yearbook is from the year of my birth (1965), there are two items that reference our short lived ‘Dolphins’ nickname and an iron on ‘Sergeant Major’ type sleeve badge.

a7fcd3dffc8ce33e09a9a80840804238.jpg

I like the Dolphins pennant

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I have a bit of net from the Goldstone. I can’t quite remember if it was the York or Donny. The thing that puzzled me is someone was cutting it and handing it out. Question is, how the f@@@ did they get the knife in the ground?!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have a bit of net from the Goldstone. I can’t quite remember if it was the York or Donny. The thing that puzzled me is someone was cutting it and handing it out. Question is, how the f@@@ did they get the knife in the ground?!

After the Doncaster match someone was at the South Stand goal with a pair of scissors, he was cutting the goal net into small squares and handing them out.
I also saw someone with a large metal spoon digging up the turf.

I went to the last match at The Dell when we played Southampton in a friendly, at the final whistle I noticed a Saints fan getting some spanners out of his bag and undoing his seat.:smile:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
After the Doncaster match someone was at the South Stand goal with a pair of scissors, he was cutting the goal net into small squares and handing them out.

I went to the last match at The Dell when we played Southampton in a friendly, at the final whistle I noticed a Saints fan getting some spanners out of his bag and undoing his seat.:smile:

I also went to the last game at the Dell, and removed the seat (using my foot, rather than a bag of spanners :smile:).

I think it is still in my sister's attic, in Eastbourne.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Cutting a net into small squares sounds a bit like making nets by sewing lots of holes together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here