Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think I am right in saying that of all the traditional big clubs, it is Everton we haven't played in ages in competitive action

Off the top of my head, I can recall league cup games recently against Spurs and Man City, FA Cup against Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, Arsenal Sunderland and fixtures against Chelsea and Man Utd

Not played them since '83.

Only ever played them 11 times, and we're winning :clap:

P11 W5 D4 L2

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Goodison was a dark and bad place to go back in the 80's full of every kind of loony

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Martinez is today quoted as believing Gareth Barry to be the best English player ever. He certainly looked good last night. Hardly misplaced a pass but got outpaced by Navas for the City goal. Nothing new there.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I love Goodison. Well past it's sell-by date now of course but such a good set of fans. Better in so many ways than Anfield.

What are those so many ways?

fwiw, I think they're both great grounds to visit, both with wonderful histories and largely good natured fans.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think I am right in saying that of all the traditional big clubs, it is Everton we haven't played in ages in competitive action

Off the top of my head, I can recall league cup games recently against Spurs and Man City, FA Cup against Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, Arsenal Sunderland and fixtures against Chelsea and Man Utd

Your right. I've been watching the Albion since 1984/85, seen most of the home games, and a lot away, yet Everton are, I think, the only current top flight side l haven't seen us play.

theboybilly

What are those so many ways?

fwiw, I think they're both great grounds to visit, both with wonderful histories and largely good natured fans.

Anfield has lost almost all of it's 'old ground' charm....the final nail (for me) being the Kop being made all-seater. Even with seats the Gwladys Street and Bullens Road Stands at Goodison keep a nostalgic feel about the place, and the Main Stand is in keeping too if a bit quirky. I'll be sad if either go which seems likely. In it's pomp Goodison was a wonderful place to watch a match, Anfield less so

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
You can talk 1987 Aldershot v Albion was more than a bit dodgy your lot even had the OB on their side.
Ah The East Bank Boot Boys or Saturday Service,they were too rough for me. Always have and will stand in The North Stand at The Rec ,far more civil in there.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've wanted to go to Goodison for years (see any "who do you want in next round of the cup" threads). Hopefully might get to go there for a league game next season :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here