Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from game

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
I thought that once he had our goal we would go on to win comfortably. Yeovil fought back and we looked very shaky and started lobbing the ball aimlessly forward giving them possession again and again. However, they don't have a finisher and we held on to win. It is games won like this that win leagues. Phew!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Just back from the match

Yeovil were very poor 1st half a la Bristol Rovers and we should have killed the game off. 2nd half they came at us and we didn't respond....maybe the legs were still tired from Saturday. We lost a lot of ball in the air and spent a lot of time clearing our lines.

Bridcutt was awesome and Woods looked strong but we just weren't able to get it going 2nd half and Yeovil seemed to sense the opportunity to fight for a point. Lots of nerve racking crosses into the box as we didn't seem to be able to close down the flanks quickly enough and it was good to leave with all 3 points.

I just hope the fixture pile up is not starting to take it's toll already

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Who would be your man of the match? Had reports Greer was good but would be nice to hear other opinions

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Before seeing your locations I was going to say I want whatever vehicle you use for away games :lol:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
A shame El-Abd got booked - he's now reached ten yellows, and faces a two match ban.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
A shame El-Abd got booked - he's now reached ten yellows, and faces a two match ban.

Was bound to happen eventually. Luck we have an equally good replacement for him!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've got Elph and Dunk in reserve for suspensions / injuries / tiredness at the back.
We've got Kish, Navarro coming back to take a turn in midfield.
We've got Sandaza available up front.

OK, our 'first eleven' has a recognisable look about it at the moment, but there are options available without making wholesale changes. The other teams around us (sorry, behind us) have got a lot of matches to play too, even if in some cases not quite as many.

OK, we've still got to go out and win it, but it's our's to win!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Are we running out of options as this was the 4/5 game in a row we have started with the same 11. (league games)
Does playing 3 stickers up front away from home limit the options on the subs bench.
At home fair enough as we will have most of the possession.Away from home when we will spend more time defending
should we play a more midfield minded player at left wing with more options on the bench.
Yes sendasa has scored a couple of goals this season but he is not going to come of bench & change
the game.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
A pretty dire game and I thought the Albion were disappointing. That said, we got the all important three points. I thought Dicker had a good game and Murray put in the effort up front.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Agree,we weren't great tonight,but better than Yeovil,and I'll take 1-0 wins for the rest of the season,thank you very much.Bridcutt again MOM ,though the stunted dwarf who was reffing was close.

If you take 6 as satisfactory out of ten,then everybody was about a 6,with Bridcutt an 8.

The ref struggled to make a 0.

Sandaza's Nose

Jan 3, 2011
Are we running out of options as this was the 4/5 game in a row we have started with the same 11. (league games)
Does playing 3 stickers up front away from home limit the options on the subs bench.
At home fair enough as we will have most of the possession.Away from home when we will spend more time defending
should we play a more midfield minded player at left wing with more options on the bench.
Yes sendasa has scored a couple of goals this season but he is not going to come of bench & change
the game.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Playing 3 up front is working at the moment, and I think Gus will stick with it for the time being. There are plenty of options on the bench if things aren't working. Noone provides width and Sparrow/Kish can come on if we are getting over-run in midfield. 'Sendasa', as you call him has proved he can come off the bench and score goals too so there is certainly room for change if things aren't going as planned.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Agree, the ref was not good and he should have booked a couple of the Yeovil players early on, particularly that no 17. He was also very talkative, but then some of his decisions took a lot of explaining.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
I thought Bridcutt was our man of the match and Dicker and Bennett were so much better than at MK Dons. We would have lost this game a year ago and we are in a strong position. This should give our players confidence. I am so pleased to be going into work tomorrow with a win but I wish the Yeovil fans I know and who turned up tonight would have been impressed by our team. However, well done, another 3 points and the league table looks good tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here