Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Colchester...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You're a miserable old BUGGER, aren't you? I think most people, the steward himself included, had a good chuckle at his little mishap.

You need to lighten up a bit. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I saw YOU on TELE :)

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I thought the centre backs looked poor first half. Though this was, as much as anything else, down to Bridcutt not being there looking for the easy ball from them all the time. IMO we misfired today because Bridcutt (or Kish) wasn't there.

I thought (watching on TV) that Navarro had a good game. His great strength is that he is always available and in the right position.

Agree that our reserve centre backs were below the standard we expect from the first choice pair. It didn't help them that Brez is nowhere near as good as Casper at playing with them - but Brez did make some vital saves.

Thank goodness we improved in the second half or we would have been a bit of a laughing stock.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I thought we were very sloppy in the first half, and their goal was just comical defending from Calderon. Casper should of come off immediately after he did his knee in. Why am I the only one who thought Navarro had a pretty good game. Dicker looks very jaded and needs a good rest. Noone was fantastic and terrorized their full backs, but to me we look like we're on our holidays already.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I thought we were very sloppy in the first half, and their goal was just comical defending from Calderon. Casper should of come off immediately after he did his knee in. Why am I the only one who thought Navarro had a pretty good game. Dicker looks very jaded and needs a good rest. Noone was fantastic and terrorized their full backs, but to me we look like we're on our holidays already.

I thought Navs was quite good. His passing was normally quite accurate, or at least attacking, with through balls that normally came off! Barnes was also very good I thought

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think,that the first half particulalry,illustrated that you can't rip out the spine of our team and expect to dominate the game. By the spine, I mean Murray, Bridcutt, Greer, Adam and Casper. Yes, Bennett, Noone, Calderone etc are good players but we do need the 5 I just mentioned.

Gus does need to try new players and I thought we were far better in the second half and we could have won it. It didn't surprise me that Gus made no tactical substitutions in the second half. If he took off players like Navarro and Dunk it would be an admission that they weren't up to it and I believe that they are probably are and they deserve their chance to prove their worth.

I had a chat with a few BHA fans after the game and some thought it was our poorest perfomance of the season. I disagree. I thought we were far poorer at MKDONS. We played well in the second half.

We have won the league. Gus is already thinking of next season.

Have to agree with other posts that Colchester were a welcoming club.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh and I agree that it wasn't one of Calderon's better games.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Russ went to the game and said we played like a football team who had been out on the piss last night , to be honest I had to agree with him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
i thought the band outside before the game were top notch! well worth the ticket price on there own:facepalm: they played all the classics! middle of the road again! bland baby love! i could hear you in the lift! i predict a song contest!:p

Rev that was a great coach we travelled up in today. Old but classy.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
I really enjoyed the game today. Laughed my Arse off when the steward fell through the gate.

I thought i was a volunteer ball boy today, after catching the bloody thing twice lol.
Balti Pie was good, it was a great atmosphere at the start, and towards the end, as mentioned earlier it fell off a bit towards the end of the first half.

In my opinion we are missing Greer, last saturday and today really showed our defensive weakness. Noone had a blinder today, but woods IMHO was woeful, and good job Barnes was there to get us level.

not going to rate the players, as there are loads of posts about this already. Tidy little stadium, easy to get to, and park. Nice fans, shame there was a real lack of them in their stadium, it felt like we were the home team.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
MOM for me was Marcos. Had his usual good game. The fact that Gustavo hardly, if at all, got out of his seat, spoke volumes.
It must be difficult motivating yourself, after winning the league, after a hard season. Below par performances from nearly all.
What it did say was that we need more strength in depth for next season. The 7 or 8 players that Gus knows we need.

Sandaza's Nose

Jan 3, 2011
Anyone who says today was the worst performance and away day of the season wasn't at MK Dons. We were very poor in the first half but I actually thought we were pretty good in the second half. I do, however, think today proves how important signing Murray and Bridcutt for next year is - we really missed them both. They are a class above the rest imo and are 2 certaintys to cut it at championship level. Nooney was superb and should play a big part for us next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here