Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just 5 weeks till Euro 2012 squads announced.....

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
......And we still don't have a manager

Anyone else concerned by this? The FA don't seem to be.

I think it's fair to say once again we'll maintain our record of a being a complete shambles at an overseas tournament.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It'll be fine. We weren't going to win it anyway.

Nevertheless, the FA will wait until the season ends, before engaging in a month long tussle with Harry Redknapp, who will eventually turn the job down. Pearce will be called up from the Olympic squad at the last minute.

This chain of events will allow the FA to mess up our chances in both the Euros, and the Olympics.
:thumbsup:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
It'll be fine. We weren't going to win it anyway.

Nevertheless, the FA will wait until the season ends, before engaging in a month long tussle with Harry Redknapp, who will eventually turn the job down. Pearce will be called up from the Olympic squad at the last minute.

This chain of events will allow the FA to mess up our chances in both the Euros, and the Olympics.
:thumbsup:

I think you've called it spot on there. The only omission is that after finishing 6th Spurs fans will moan that they would have won the double if it wasn't for press speculation unsettling the team.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There'd be something wrong with the world if we weren't a complete shambles.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
is it just me that doesn't give a flying f00k about the olympics football tournament?

euros - worst prep ever for a major tournament, no expectation - probably go and win it as no pressure.....anyone know the odds on england at present? actually worth a punt for once.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
is it just me that doesn't give a flying f00k about the olympics football tournament?

euros - worst prep ever for a major tournament, no expectation - probably go and win it as no pressure.....anyone know the odds on england at present? actually worth a punt for once.

Seen them at 11/1 on oddschecker. Maybe stick them in a Sir Chris Hoy win double......

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

The general consensus of the people I have spoken to is that the Olympics football tournament doesn't really count for anything. I am of the opposite opinion, because it will happen for us just this one time, I am pretty excited about it.

Plus, all of the big names will be in the England squad guaranteeing that all the team GB players will (hopefully) play like the tournament means something.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
We've got sod all chance in the Euros anyway and we're going to waste a striker's place on taking that waste of space Rooney who will get one game before we sneak home with our collective tails between our legs again
Frankly don't care who the manager is as long as it isn't Poyet ! Ididn't want 'Arry as I have a certain affection for Spurs but I think they could be well shot of him

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not concerned and have a funy feeling it may in some f ked up way Galvanise us.

Lets face it , we have previously gone into tournaments and stayed in the best hotels , had the best prep , we've gone into it them good form , average form and poor form and we pretty much always are shit.

The longer this situation goes on the less pressure gets built.

If we had a settled manager you could guarentee all the tabloids would be going mad and building us up by now. I'm actually liking the lack of excitement for a change

rool

Jul 10, 2003
If we had a settled manager you could guarentee all the tabloids would be going mad and building us up by now. I'm actually liking the lack of excitement for a change

A first for me in as much that I have mostly completely forgotten there was a tournament this summer.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I actually think we will do ok in the Euro's. We are expected to fail miserably and that can only be good for the players. It's probably the only tournament in my lifetime where there is virtually no pressure on us to win the thing. Also an ideal opportunity for the new manager to come in, He will be given time.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
My tenner on Roy Hodgson to become next permanent England manager (16/1) still has a chance, especially as 'arry is having doubts about the poisoned chalice.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
In the Euros this time the team has zero expectation from the public. Will sponsors still support it? Will it be hyped?

No one cares about the Olympic team anyway, it will be a cobbled together politically correct mix of home nations that do not boycott it. As for the England manager? let Pearce take the team to the Ukraine. He has done all the preparation and will be home in time for the Olympics

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
First time in my 46yrs that I am not interested in a major tournament, will never forget that sarcastic throwback Rooney applauding the fans after the most shambolic performance from an English team ever! I just can't stand the England players anymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here