Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jurgen Klopp ….stepping down at end of 23/24 season

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Nah - Alsonso will follow the money return to his old haunt …RDZ won’t play the Klopp way. He’ll probably go for Pep’s job when it becomes vacant.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Interesting, I was at the Bayern Munich v Union Berlin game on Wednesday, and was having a beer with a few of their supporters. They can't stand Tuchel (and de Ligt, randomly) and were convinced Klopp was joining them. I sort of dismissed it, but perhaps there was something in it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nipped out at lunch and had TS on the radio. Jim is acting like he is dead.

I spose "Man quits stressful job after 9 years" doesn't have the same hyperbole.

Here's a flavour in just 5 minutes where every last ounce was milked out of it :

"Significant day for football all over the world"
"Great man"

Then Jimmy Corkhill came on the radio and cried.

Good grief

One of White's silly comments was effectively, this will be last time Liverpool play Norwich in the FAC under JK. Cue dozens more silly landmarks in the next 4 months.

I remember the same for Fergie.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Don’t think it will be months in my opinion Liverpool will want to name the new guy asap
It's surely very unlikely that they’ll name a successor soon. It would be incredibly disruptive. I’d expect them to wait till the end of the season to make a formal announcement though no doubt there’ll be a ton of pointless speculation until they do.

IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_1070.jpg
IMG_1071.jpg
img_1072-jpg.173756
IMG_1073.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 412

el punal

I’ve been reading RAWK (Red and White Kop), Liverpool’s fans forum. Okay, not all million pages about Klopp but a fair few. If it’s any hopeful sign, I didn’t notice de Zerbi’s name mentioned at all about being a replacement for Klopp. Many posters are reckoning on Alonso stepping up to the plate. Let’s hope that that is the case.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will there be a minutes silence at all games this weekend ?
I would certainly assume Liverpool will be wearing black armbands for the rest of the season.

Probably Klopp t-shirts too, for their pre-match warmups. And a statue somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here