Junker and the EU

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I don't have much time for plate face Dave and his motives and nous...but I do admire him for not caving in just because he couldn't win. Germany needs the UK to stay in. By playing a straight bat he's made an important point. The UK will not compromise it's stance just to keep Frau Merkel happy. It sounds like her bottle went before hs did. Interesting that Hunt mentioned on Andrew Marr today that there were a lot of "cowards" round the table who had supported the anti Junker ticket until they realised that Germany had shifted its stance so gave Dave the arse.

I'd rather be in a minority of two if it ensures the other useless tits who lead Europe keep us at arms length and stop trying to force federalisation on us.

Dave is desperate to keep us in the EU but he knows that UKIP and his back benches want us to pull up the drawbridge. This business has just pushed him further out of the door.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Cameron: "I don't want Juncker, and you can't make me say I do. So there!"

The others: "Whom do you want instead, David?"

Cameron: "I don't want Juncker!"

The others: "Yes, we know that. But whom do you want instead?"

Cameron: "I don't want Juncker!"

The others: "There are some toys in the corner, David. Go and play quietly, while the grown-ups have their meeting."

Dave wanted Christine La Grange didn't he?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I will answer your questions in order: 1) all of the EU leaders bar UK and Hungary. 2) He was the PM for Luxembourg for 19 years. I imagine a fair few people have heard of him as it's a profile position.

The problem with you pro Europeans is that you got it wrong with the Euro and you still bleat on about the self same things regarding our current relationship with the EU even if immediate history shows your arguments just didnt stand up.

But my god it seems you have a second wind and still bang on about the same ludicrous scare mongering about how we as the third largest economy in Europe is now going to be cold shouldered by a pool of European countries that have a GDP of my local Tesco Express, dont tell me about isolation and its unlikely consequences, its all too tiresome listening to you lot.

Personally I would have forgone the British Pound for the Euro if it delivered the prosperity you promised and avoided the doomsday scenario if we kept the pound, but you got it wrong, sooo wrong, if you had been a FIA you wouldn't have a job today.

We should be listening to those politicians that foresaw the currency debacle and ask them what they think.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Your wrong there, its the beginning of the long goodbye. We didn't join a single currency because we were not compatible with it, we shouldn't have opened our boarders as we are not compatible with it(English global language, population density etc,). We needed to stop this dude as hes going to smash the city which is where Britains wealth comes from.

Im almost close to thinking Cameron engineered the defeat to speed up our exit but truth is Cameron is an imbecile on quite a few levels. He is the Ted Heath of this generation. There are a lot of people in deep denial at the mess we are in because of the eU, that will change. UKIPs vote isn't shrinking post EU election, people have made the connection between EU and mass immigration.

We've had this all before with "Up yours Delors!" Juncker used to be leader of Luxembourg, a no-mark country, he is not exactly a political heavyweight. I suspect Cameron's rejection of a bloke intent on making Europe more federal has the general support of the vast majority of this country. All more of the same stuff of the last 50-odd years.

None of the euro clowns wanted him. It was a choice between drunken federalist in charge of a 2 bit, Vodafone storing tax haven, or a German federalist who was a serious threat to Adolfette Merkel. This clever whiskey laden Juncker has managed to get himself into a position where he is the lesser of two evils. This is a great day,we will be out of the U.S of E before C.P.F.C 2018 is officially conceived!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Jesus. However you dress it up, however much straw clutching you do, he was made to look very very naive and stupid. Has it occurred to you the EU might have "allowed" this vote to ram home the point that this guy is popular and wanted by virtually everyone?

However you dress this up,this so called 'election' of which there was one candidate typifies the so called 'democracy' that is the EU.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Jesus. However you dress it up, however much straw clutching you do, he was made to look very very naive and stupid. Has it occurred to you the EU might have "allowed" this vote to ram home the point that this guy is popular and wanted by virtually everyone?

German media supportive of Cameron stance.........

http://www.welt.de/debatte/kommenta...vid-Cameron-ist-noch-lange-nicht-am-Ende.html

Certainly not concluding his stance was naive or stupid............

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's not a conspiracy theory! The EU is its member states and their voters, that is all. I agree there is a considerable "democratic deficit" (hate that phrase) that needs to be looked at it, but it's not some sort of Frankenstein's monster that has taken control of its own destiny - there is no grand scheme or plan.

Actually there is and always has been. Ted Heath admitted so on a number of occasions after he lost power. He explained that it wasn't revealed to the British public at the time of the Common Market vote because it was believed that it mean a 'No' vote would be forthcoming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports