Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Junior doctors strike was all about money.....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For Pete's sake; I presume you have read the 'leaked reports'.
You paint the doctors and their leaders as whiter than white and the Government negotiators as the Devil Incarnate.
You don't like this myth to be exposed ,do you.
I really cannot be bothered to argue any more. As I said, I am glad that the dispute is over, especially for the sake of the patients who have been hugely inconvenienced by the disproportionate response of the doctors and their disingenuous leaders at the BMA.
Next time the the medical profession wish to gain public support for a cause or perceived grievance, they may find this support rather harder to come by........especially with Johann Malawana in the spotlight.
Ha, the irony of it is that he was more political than the politicians.

Eh? Malawana is loathed by many JD's who are unhappy with the new settlement.

I repeat. There is no extra money being paid to the doctors from the NHS budget. The issue was the distribution of money and protection of groups within the medical fraternity, especially female doctors with children, who would have been worse off under the proposals.

As for thinking highly of doctors, too right I do. Especially the one who operated on my old man for 18 hours and saved his life.

I'd love to be a doctor, but there's four very good reasons why I'm not.

I'm not intelligant enough.
I'm not hardworking enough
I don't want to take a pay cut.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Far be be it for me to support that **** Campbell but Kelly was seriously ill on top of what was happening at the time and that was not all necessarily caused by Blair and his lackies.

Campbell hung him out to dry to protect his dodgy dossier and has blood on his hands, even if there were other factors involved in his tragic demise.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Are there any statistics to show how much JDs earn privately as a proportion of their pay? I suspect very little as it is the Consultants that have the rich pickings.
JDs earn virtually nothing from private practice. That is pretty much the sole domain of consultants.

Private earning potential varies greatly with Specialty and that certainly influences some JDs choice of career (orthopaedics is the prime example vs paediatrics and intensive care at the other end of the spectrum).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Campbell hung him out to dry to protect his dodgy dossier and has blood on his hands, even if there were other factors involved in his tragic demise.

Supports Burnley as well does Cambpell. For that I cannot forgive him.

On a more serious note a fit and well Kelly might have realised that he in fact held a strong hand over the pack of lies the British government were putting down in their dossier. He wasnt well and tragically killed himself only two days after his appearance at the initial questioning stage . (I think) if he was a stronger man he could have - with the help of Blix and others - have shown Blair and his cronies to have been the war criminals that they were. I mean the evidence was all there from the real experts. As a body the U.N. were gutless and fact they withdrew over resolutions or rather the breaking of them fills me with a feeling of hopelessness for peace around the world ...... Ie see Israel. But there were enough individuals within the body to have come forward.

I just wish that we could have played out the end game and seen Cambpell hung out to dry.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

I repeat. There is no extra money being paid to the doctors from the NHS budget. The issue was the distribution of money and protection of groups within the medical fraternity, especially female doctors with children, who would have been worse off under the proposals.

As for thinking highly of doctors, too right I do. Especially the one who operated on my old man for 18 hours and saved his life.

Waffle again.
A lot of us think highly of doctors, but that does not mean to say that they are Gods and can do or think no wrong.As I have pointed out to you previously, my father was a GP, my uncle was a world renowned cardio thoracic surgeon, my aunt a doctor and my mother, a nurse.
You continue to ignore all the info that came out from the 'leaks'and just bang on about the points you think will support your blinkered view.
As for Malawana, if a load of junior doctors loathe him, then they will no doubt vote him out of office when the opportunity arises.Personally, I think he is damaged goods anyway and the public won't be fooled by him again.
You will hear no more from me, El Pres.......probably.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Oh yes, you can't spell and you can't count either.:)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's all very well speaking to an out of hours GP on the phone. The trouble is he or she is covering a vast area and huge number of people. They rarely leave to do home visits as in the time that takes they could have spoken to numerous patients over the phone. People ring out of hours GP as normally want a home visit, when this isn't forth coming they make their way to A&E (or by ambulance) and clog up the hospitals.

Well I can't speak for others but when we have rung the out of hours service we have got appointments and, as we were capable of getting there, we drove. In our area, there is an out of hours service located at the Princess Royal but isn't part of A & E. If you can make your way to A & E then you could make your way to an out of hours service. Obviously, if you require an ambulance then perhaps you should be going to A & E in the first instance.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
And you can't spot irony.

Ha!
How do you know? Wouldn't have added a smiley face if I didn't suspect a touch of hanky panky. You have form like the BMA.
Anyway, I can't be arsed to spar any longer. In the time honoured tradition, we shall have to agree to disagree.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Well I can't speak for others but when we have rung the out of hours service we have got appointments and, as we were capable of getting there, we drove. In our area, there is an out of hours service located at the Princess Royal but isn't part of A & E. If you can make your way to A & E then you could make your way to an out of hours service. Obviously, if you require an ambulance then perhaps you should be going to A & E in the first instance.

I work for the ambulance service and you'd be amazed at the number of occasions where we are are having to attend jobs because out of hours GP is not available or they advise ringing an ambulance as they are not able to attend in person.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I work for the ambulance service and you'd be amazed at the number of occasions where we are are having to attend jobs because out of hours GP is not available or they advise ringing an ambulance as they are not able to attend in person.

I can agree with this.
My late mother who was 96 and suffering from dementia and my 98 year old father were, on several occassions, attended by the ambulance service because of the hopeless out of hours GP service.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ha!
How do you know? Wouldn't have added a smiley face if I didn't suspect a touch of hanky panky. You have form like the BMA.
Anyway, I can't be arsed to spar any longer. In the time honoured tradition, we shall have to agree to disagree.

Fair enough.

I'm sure there's plenty we can agree on, starting off with Joey Barton is a ........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here