Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ny mistake about Grealish; I thought he was more peripheral, but stats show he has been fairly regular.

All the same, Enciso is still nowhere near good enough (yet) to be of interest to City.
He's probably not good enough to get into their side, but "nowhere near" is exaggerating the point. If he moved in the summer, I could see him starting for them within 12 months. Besides, City are seeing the way things are going and we are in an era where a proven top class player is £80m+, and they can't pay that two or three times every summer. They're probably taking the view that it is worth paying less than a third of that on a rough diamond (by their standards) that could be coached to the top.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Never know what his best position is. Played well on left when Mitoma was injured but he wont get that spot.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
March spot is safe. 3 that have played there since he was out have been very poor.
Agree on the first point, wouldn't go as far as you on the second. I suppose it depends how Pedro (who has played there) gets on and is used, but across the front four, it's on the right that we might need an addition.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What do you call that Portuguese number 7 out of interest, when referring to him by a single name?
Sure, but he's chosen to be called "Ronaldo" as his given name.

What some of us are doing with Joao Pedro is the equivalent of referring to this guy as "Claude".

tTvwr94z86y5sOXfxR5FPeCYKxY.jpg

papachris

I did notice on Sunday that there was a “technical” injury to a Southampton player. That gave De Zerbi the chance to talk to his players. He picked out Enciso and was trying to explain something to him. I think Julio was a bit confused by the language barrier, and went to Caicedo (I think) to get a translation. He’s showed over the season that he’s learning and really willing to learn and mortified when it all goes wrong. What’s not to like.
Enciso was getting one on one coaching from the boss for the entire first half on Sunday. Subbed at half time probably with ear ache!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Bit surreal watching Julio LIVESTREAM from the dressing room on social media, whilst simultaneously viewing TB and RDZ being interviewed on the pitch via a Sky Sports stream.

Leaving aside the obvious football achievement, couldn't have imagined the tech 20 years ago!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Has any player for us ever scored such a high number of quality goals so early in their career. The goals against Bournemouth, Chelsea and tonight were absolutely outstanding with only the Arsenal header being ‘normal’. It’s remarkable.

You could equally be talking about Evan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here