Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Quicker than anticipated...

It has been reported that Manchester City are interested in getting a transfer over the line for Brighton & Hove Albion’s Julio Enciso.​
As a result, Pep Guardiola himself is a ‘huge admirer’ of Julio Enciso, as Manchester City have seemingly already drawn their list of transfer targets.​
That's surely bollocks for clicks. Enciso is nowhere near ready to make it anywhere near a Man City team that Jack Grealish can't even get in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Clicks won’t bait themselves. Just the start of a long summer where all our players will be hawked in the press to various big clubs now we’re over the radar.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That's surely bollocks for clicks. Enciso is nowhere near ready to make it anywhere near a Man City team that Jack Grealish can't even get in.
Jack Grealish can't get in?! You what?! He's been one of City's best players this season and is very much in their first choice 11 - see last weeks game against Real Madrid.

There probably isn't anything in this but I think you're under rating Enciso there too, he's clearly a special talent and City would want to get him early before his price sky rockets. He'd be an excellent squad player for them with a view to Mahrez being moved on in the not too distant future.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Jack Grealish can't get in?! You what?! He's been one of City's best players this season and is very much in their first choice 11 - see last weeks game against Real Madrid.

There probably isn't anything in this but I think you're under rating Enciso there too, he's clearly a special talent and City would want to get him early before his price sky rockets. He'd be an excellent squad player for them with a view to Mahrez being moved on in the not too distant future.
Ny mistake about Grealish; I thought he was more peripheral, but stats show he has been fairly regular.

All the same, Enciso is still nowhere near good enough (yet) to be of interest to City.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quicker than anticipated...

It has been reported that Manchester City are interested in getting a transfer over the line for Brighton & Hove Albion’s Julio Enciso.​
As a result, Pep Guardiola himself is a ‘huge admirer’ of Julio Enciso, as Manchester City have seemingly already drawn their list of transfer targets.​
I wish the enquiry into Man City would get a move on. It just goes round in circles!

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
It's patently written by a virgin from his mums bedroom in Altrincham. It's going to be a long summer anyway. It'll be much worse of we're sharing that sort of cack.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's patently written by a virgin from his mums bedroom in Altrincham. It's going to be a long summer anyway. It'll be much worse of we're sharing that sort of cack.
If it was, it was based on a Mirror article which it links to...

Guardiola and City sporting director Txiki Begiristain have drawn up a list of summer targets, with the champions keen to move early once the transfer window opens on June 13.​
That list includes Mac Allister, 24, and Enciso, 19, as well as Bayern Munich's versatile midfielder Joshua Kimmich, 28, and RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol, 21, with Aymeric Laporte potentially on his way.​
.....​
And Guardiola could make it a double Seagulls swoop, with the City boss also said to be a huge admirer of Brighton's 19-year-old Paraguay sensation, Julio Enciso.​

None of which makes it true or written with any merit, of course. Just highlighting it wasn't something that a small independent site has just made up.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
If it was, it was based on a Mirror article which it links to...

Guardiola and City sporting director Txiki Begiristain have drawn up a list of summer targets, with the champions keen to move early once the transfer window opens on June 13.​
That list includes Mac Allister, 24, and Enciso, 19, as well as Bayern Munich's versatile midfielder Joshua Kimmich, 28, and RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol, 21, with Aymeric Laporte potentially on his way.​
.....​
And Guardiola could make it a double Seagulls swoop, with the City boss also said to be a huge admirer of Brighton's 19-year-old Paraguay sensation, Julio Enciso.​

None of which makes it true or written with any merit, of course. Just highlighting it wasn't something that a small independent site has just made up.
To be honest mate I just like disparaging fans of other teams and calling them virgins.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think we would dig out heels in with Enciso. Can't see city offering much either.

What would the number be for him? Even something as high as 70m could bite us in the future.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Think we would dig out heels in with Enciso. Can't see city offering much either.

What would the number be for him? Even something as high as 70m could bite us in the future.
There's absolutely no way its legit. He's not a starter for us if Solly is fit. I suspect the reason it's in the media is because of who we are playing tomorrow night. City and Liverpool are horrendous for it. They've been doing it all season.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I did notice on Sunday that there was a “technical” injury to a Southampton player. That gave De Zerbi the chance to talk to his players. He picked out Enciso and was trying to explain something to him. I think Julio was a bit confused by the language barrier, and went to Caicedo (I think) to get a translation. He’s showed over the season that he’s learning and really willing to learn and mortified when it all goes wrong. What’s not to like.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There's absolutely no way its legit. He's not a starter for us if Solly is fit. I suspect the reason it's in the media is because of who we are playing tomorrow night. City and Liverpool are horrendous for it. They've been doing it all season.
I dunno. Behind the scenes players are going wild about what the kid does in training. Nothing would suprise me with our squad at the moment. City don't really care about putting lowball offers out pissing other teams off.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I think he'll be a key player for us this season. He's gaining conifdence over the back end of this season. He's physically stronger too. His decision making is improving too. He almost scored an absolute worldie at Newcastle at the death. yes it wouldn't have mattered much but he must have beat six players in a long mazy run fro just over half way. Just lost his balance on his shot. There's a top player there

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Didn't see Julio in the dressing room celebrations

Has he already left?

No. He was the first player out on the lap of appreciation taking a video before everyone else came out. In a black trackie.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
At this rate, we won't be able to field 11 players next season but Tony will have a bank balance which makes Jeff Bezos look poor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here