Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It was never filmed. Nelson has regrets about that in his autobiography. The man himself said it was the best goal he ever scored.

I was there, it was most definitely the best goal I’ve seen scored.
I was there… Great goal.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hang on, I heard our lack of squad depth was going to ruin our season.
To be fair I thought this, especially after coming home from Nottingham last Wednesday! Very exciting to see Gilmour step up, Buennotte looking like he can do a job and Enciso looking like a real prospect. I am very happy to be proven wrong and there is more depth than I realised....unless of course Wolves are really awful and made us look like world-beaters.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I love this kid, thought he was great again last night.

Unbelievable skill but also really brave in wanting to receive the ball in tight areas. Always looking to make something happen and definitely looks stronger and quicker than when he started with his, he's really quickly got to grips with the pace and physicality of the league.

I think we've got a really special player on our hands and he starts every game for me now.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Absolutely. Was immense, all over the place causing Man U no end of trouble. Looked almost in tears after the pen celebrating with Mac.
IMG_20230505_102140.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely. Was immense, all over the place causing Man U no end of trouble. Looked almost in tears after the pen celebrating with Mac. View attachment 160502
He’s a highly-skilled, rapid, bloody nuisance. De Gea kept having to abandon build from the back, instead punting it 60 yards to the welcome heads of Dunk and Webster. Because Enciso with help created chaos.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
He’s a highly-skilled, rapid, bloody nuisance. De Gea kept having to abandon build from the back, instead punting it 60 yards to the welcome heads of Dunk and Webster. Because Enciso with help created chaos.
And the fact that he was still pressing De Gea on the 70th minute just as intensely as the first minute. He doesn't stop running.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
And I find it amazing that he looks (well IS) more rapid now than when he played in the younger groups or friendlies. I think it's down to confidence: "I'm good to beat these guys..." and he is 👍

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
On the pitchside video Enciso looked pretty disgusted with Mitoma a couple of times for not passing to him when close to goal - and Enciso is soooo good at protecting the ball. Fantastic young player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
On the pitchside video Enciso looked pretty disgusted with Mitoma a couple of times for not passing to him when close to goal - and Enciso is soooo good at protecting the ball. Fantastic young player.
Yeah I noticed that. Mitoma was a bit greedy the other night, could have played in Enciso once or twice but went for the more difficult option

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yeah I noticed that. Mitoma was a bit greedy the other night, could have played in Enciso once or twice but went for the more difficult option
Being pretty self-critical I reckon Mitoma was determined to get the better of Wan Bissaka this game - and he did IMO, played him much better that in the semi. But I think this focus distracted him from getting his head up and finding his teammates in better positions. A bit harsh from me maybe as Mitoma terrorises defences, but he could be even more effective.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Would be good if he cut out the Rolly-Polly I am horrendously injured crap then a minute later he is on his feet again

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Must admit I did give him some stick, the rolling about was embarrassing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here