Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is.

His decision making Saturday was the best it’s been IMO.

The more I think about team selection Thursday, the tougher the decision is…. especially if it ends up being between Enciso and Gilmour.
Such a tough one.

I really want to see Caicedo and Gilmour in centre midfield as I think this will be our go-to pairing next year. Groß is a little wasted at right back but is seemingly the only option.

Then we have the No.10 position. Welbeck was outstanding there on Saturday and offered a constant goal threat? Is he going to be moved to No.9 to make way for Mac?

And can Enciso be dropped in this form? Mitoma was brilliant when he came on. Maybe that means he’ll be benched again because he is one of the best ‘substitutes’ in the squad. He always plays well off the bench.

Finally, no one is mentioning poor Undav playing on Thursday. I understand why. Despite his two goals, his all round game is just not quite at our level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wan-Bissaka seemed to have the beating of Mitoma at Wembley, and this may of got into Mitoma's head, so I reckon Julio will start against Mancs on Thursday.
Not sure, as he had a couple of good runs at Wembley, though a few have said that. Perhaps Solly and Mitoma will swap sides more than previously.

What a decision to have to make!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wan-Bissaka seemed to have the beating of Mitoma at Wembley, and this may of got into Mitoma's head, so I reckon Julio will start against Mancs on Thursday.
Wan-Bissaka was benched yesterday ! Saving him for Thursday

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Enciso needs to get his head down and cut out the showboating. Those stepovers invite lunging tackles from humiliated defenders.
Yes, he has hit the PL like a cyclone, but RDZ needs to keep his feet screwed to the ground. Not an easy task.
Well that’s just a bit depressing. He is great to watch why would you want to stifle the showboating. It will become less and less in time but the step overs were great and made a lot of people smile.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I noticed with Enciso that he doesn’t get shoved off the ball like he used to. In fact all the young lads looked a bit lightweight a couple of months ago but look more secure on the ball now and hard to shake off. They have turned into black belt ninjas!

I watched the Lineker and Shearer Top Ten thing after MOTD and they were talking about the 6 packs on modern footballers.

Both said back in their day not only were they not asked to do upper body strength exercises, but it was actively discouraged because the thought was that it'd take away from your balance and speed.

Interesting how football has developed.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Well that’s just a bit depressing. He is great to watch why would you want to stifle the showboating. It will become less and less in time but the step overs were great and made a lot of people smile.
My primary concern is to protect him. He can still showcase his skills, and dominate his opponent without humiliating him. If he continues the showboating, he risks getting injured.

His first duty is to follow instructions. I very much doubt if showboating is in any instructions that RDZ will have issued.
He has the ability to glide past defenders without showboating. Mitoma doesn't need to do it, instead retaining a certain humility, and he's still very effective.

A young Paraguayan Guarani lad has hit the big time. He needs to be managed carefully both on the pitch and off it with pastoral care. The club will be on top of it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
My primary concern is to protect him. He can still showcase his skills, and dominate his opponent without humiliating him. If he continues the showboating, he risks getting injured.

His first duty is to follow instructions. I very much doubt if showboating is in any instructions that RDZ will have issued.
He has the ability to glide past defenders without showboating. Mitoma doesn't need to do it, instead retaining a certain humility, and he's still very effective.

A young Paraguayan Guarani lad has hit the big time. He needs to be managed carefully both on the pitch and off it with pastoral care. The club will be on top of it.
Strongly disagree.
Football is about fun and entertainment. Coaching flair out of players is such a old school British approach. We don’t want robots, players should be free to express themselves. Julio will be coached when to play the ball but I really hope that doesn’t mean the fun element of his game is taken away

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Certainly made me smile but he is asking for a good kicking…..if the defender can get near him

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Strongly disagree.
Football is about fun and entertainment. Coaching flair out of players is such a old school British approach. We don’t want robots, players should be free to express themselves. Julio will be coached when to play the ball but I really hope that doesn’t mean the fun element of his game is taken away
You are strongly disagreeing with something I didn't write, advocate, imply or even hint at. I used the phrase 'cut out the showboating', and used the word 'showboating' consistently in my argument. You now seem to be attempting to rewrite my argument for me, using a different word, implying I wrote 'flair should be coached out of players'. Of course it shouldn't ! My point was never about flair, which I appreciate and wholeheartedly endorse. Showboating and flair have completely different meanings.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I watched the Lineker and Shearer Top Ten thing after MOTD and they were talking about the 6 packs on modern footballers.

Both said back in their day not only were they not asked to do upper body strength exercises, but it was actively discouraged because the thought was that it'd take away from your balance and speed.

Interesting how football has developed.
It's not just football, it's society as a whole. I'm the same generation as Shearer and I'm only out of shape because I didn't want to lose my balance and speed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here