Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's older than Ferguson.
I think it's different assuming you're talking about excitement. Obviously Ferguson unquestionably has the potential be a world class player (with a surprising amount of flair) but Enciso is one of those rare talents that can seemingly do anything with a football. The definition of a player that looked like he was born with a football at his feet.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I think it's different assuming you're talking about excitement. Obviously Ferguson unquestionably has the potential be a world class player (with a surprising amount of flair) but Enciso is one of those rare talents that can seemingly do anything with a football. The definition of a player that looked like he was born with a football at his feet.
exciting times indeed.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Enciso needs to get his head down and cut out the showboating. Those stepovers invite lunging tackles from humiliated defenders.
Yes, he has hit the PL like a cyclone, but RDZ needs to keep his feet screwed to the ground. Not an easy task.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just before half time he broke from midfield. There was an option to pass centrally (to Undav?) who would have been one on one with the keeper or to go out wide, the less good option. He went wide and the move fizzled out. Whistle went and he fell to his knees, knowing he'd muffed a great chance. He was busy berating himself when Welbeck ambled over to put an arm round him.

Julio walked off shaking his head and chastising himself. This feels like a big change. He's setting high standards for himself and eager to meet them.

Superb talent being brilliantly managed.
That is literally the RDZ influence right there. Even Dunk has changed mentality and standards - the whole club have!

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
Enciso needs to get his head down and cut out the showboating. Those stepovers invite lunging tackles from humiliated defenders.
Yes, he has hit the PL like a cyclone, but RDZ needs to keep his feet screwed to the ground. Not an easy task.
Disagree.
I loved it, I embrace it, the 7/8 stopovers are bank material! Let us enjoy the football 😊

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

He's actually been somewhat critical of Enciso in his recent post-match interviews.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We have now seen him play Up front No 10 and Wide. What is his best position ? I think it is No 10 where is more likely to score but compared to Mac and Gross more likely to give ball away.. Played well out wide on Saturday but can't see him getting in ahead of Mitoma.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Not sure if it’s been pointed out on the thread but seems like people are getting his name wrong.
RDZ knows.. it’s N-CheesO

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I noticed with Enciso that he doesn’t get shoved off the ball like he used to. In fact all the young lads looked a bit lightweight a couple of months ago but look more secure on the ball now and hard to shake off. They have turned into black belt ninjas!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I bet if you looked back at the first few months of Lampty's performances we were equally impressed.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We have now seen him play Up front No 10 and Wide. What is his best position ? I think it is No 10 where is more likely to score but compared to Mac and Gross more likely to give ball away.. Played well out wide on Saturday but can't see him getting in ahead of Mitoma.
Two assists may put him equal to Mitoma for a start or a rotation

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I noticed with Enciso that he doesn’t get shoved off the ball like he used to. In fact all the young lads looked a bit lightweight a couple of months ago but look more secure on the ball now and hard to shake off. They have turned into black belt ninjas!
No the physios have been working* with them to develop muscle and core strength.

*Scaring them freakin senseless.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Those passes to Gross - pin point accuracy and signs of a maturing player.
He is on a steep improvement curve.
He is.

His decision making Saturday was the best it’s been IMO.

The more I think about team selection Thursday, the tougher the decision is…. especially if it ends up being between Enciso and Gilmour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here