[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just before half time he broke from midfield. There was an option to pass centrally (to Undav?) who would have been one on one with the keeper or to go out wide, the less good option. He went wide and the move fizzled out. Whistle went and he fell to his knees, knowing he'd muffed a great chance. He was busy berating himself when Welbeck ambled over to put an arm round him.

Julio walked off shaking his head and chastising himself. This feels like a big change. He's setting high standards for himself and eager to meet them.

Superb talent being brilliantly managed.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That daft extravagant stepover thing he did when we were 2/3 up - hoping to see that again in the extended highlights, as it was at the opposite corner to me. What was he doing that for? Just for bantz...?
Antony did it earlier in the season when man u were losing and ten hag hauled him off by his ear soon after if I remember right !! (As well as Roy Keane having a breakdown)

Great when we are winning tho. And it's beginning to feel like enciso might well be better than Antony.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The thing with Julio, is that he’s not just raw pace and a flash in the pan, he has a really good base level on all aspects of his game, something you very rarely see in a player his age.

The way he played at Wembley, the way he protected the ball really stood out to me, a lot of the time Lindelof and Shaw couldn’t get around him and had to foul him, obviously didn’t have his greatest game but he was asked to play a different role and it impressed me the way he adapted himself to that, he’s got all the trickery in the world and skills and natural ability but it also looks like he’s willing to learn, which is almost more valuable.

The eye for a pass at the right time today was very impressive.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That goal maybe the third wouldn’t have happened but for the exuberance of youth. Enthusiasm and direct running I’m drunk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
His development is clearly going through an upward curve right now. Where he is currently compared to just a few months ago is night and day.

It's exciting to see as is the thought that there's a lot more to potentially come. There'll be ups and downs along the way but he's getting ready to become a very important player.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I told my son (11) that if he wants a name of his new Brighton shirt in the summer holidays, he's got to have JULIO!! (because he's quality and we may lose some of the big guns this summer!)

He's coming round to the idea :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Those passes to Gross - pin point accuracy and signs of a maturing player.
He is on a steep improvement curve.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Antony did it earlier in the season when man u were losing and ten hag hauled him off by his ear soon after if I remember right !! (As well as Roy Keane having a breakdown)

Great when we are winning tho. And it's beginning to feel like enciso might well be better than Antony.
If only there were a head to head coming up, next, to put this to the test.

:wink:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Is it too early to talk about an Enciso replacement? Because it would be sensible to go back to Libertad for Enso González. He’s the next diamond through their academy, really highly rated and has an equally as high a ceiling.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Those passes to Gross - pin point accuracy and signs of a maturing player.
He is on a steep improvement curve.
Definitely. Improving massively in that regard, but then he also missed a golden chance to put Undav clear through right on the stroke of halftime, so it’s still a curve - as you say!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That daft extravagant stepover thing he did when we were 2/3 up - hoping to see that again in the extended highlights, as it was at the opposite corner to me. What was he doing that for? Just for bantz...?
Repeating my request of yesterday for somebody - anybody! - to post that hilariously absurd piece of showboating on here. All the highlights show appear to have somehow missed it. Or maybe the club imposed a news blackout on it :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports