[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Quite right, this is pretty correct from memory but I've heard a line with Paraguay and blue and white in it too so there is another variant.

Julio Encisoooo
He knew the place to go
Although he’s never seen
The boys from the withdean
He felt it everywhere
Breathed in the sea air
Then he said to me, fuxck CPFC
Sounded very good! I would swap
Sea air. To. Sussex air

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It's good but needs a second verse. I like it!
[skipping a bit]

Duh, duh, duh, duh; duh, duh, duh, duh...

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Julio! Julio! Will you make the fans' limbs go?
Thunderbolts he's scoring, we are all adoring he!
Juli-o-o, Juli-o-o
Juli-o-o, Juli-o-o
Juli-o-o, Enciso.
Magnifico-o-o-o...

[continues]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly what he needs, the seasoned pro who has won the World Cup to bring him down and not get lost in a brilliant 5 mins (Connolly anyone?).

Mac didn't miss a beat after the WC. Keeps on giving top class performances.

Would suprise me if Enciso started at Wembley, probably on the bench.
I think you have misinterpreted what I said, I was questioning why his Dad (Alexis) is being a dick whilst his son is being a model professional.

I do agree that Enciso should start from the bench, I imagine he will after RDZ’s comments about him switching off from defensive duties after his wonder goal.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
[skipping a bit]

Duh, duh, duh, duh; duh, duh, duh, duh...

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Julio! Julio! Will you make the fans' limbs go?
Thunderbolts he's scoring, we are all adoring he!
Juli-o-o, Juli-o-o
Juli-o-o, Juli-o-o
Juli-o-o, Enciso.
Magnifico-o-o-o...

[continues]
Boom! We have a winner!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
My first season, did a few aways but not that one so missed it. Was it even filmed? Never seen it.
It was never filmed. Nelson has regrets about that in his autobiography. The man himself said it was the best goal he ever scored.

I was there, it was most definitely the best goal I’ve seen scored.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I was there, all those years ago. Haven't seen it on film since.
Difficult to say exactly how far out he was when he started the run. Probably 35-40 yards. Difficult to say how many players he beat. Probably 5 or 6. I remember we won 2-0. Can't remember if it was the first or second goal. ( Got a funny feeling he scored both )
Despite the ageing uncertainty, it was still a brilliant goal. The best individual goal I have seen in 58 years of support. It was a few seconds of breathtaking magnificence, in a season when everything he touched went in ( 32 goals from the wing!!!! )
I saw the Vicente dribble v Derby and Mitoma's on Saturday but this was on a different level ( plus he scored ) A truly great goal.
He did score both. One was a penalty. Pitch invasions followed both goals!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ali Mac is a total legend.
This guy is like 23? 24 or something. He's not Lallana. He seems to basically be taking almost total responsibility for the well being of our young S Americans. He's just a really incredible boy isn't he? Really, really cares. I agree when people say he's actually easier to replace on the field than others but clearly he is a massive, massive role model and influence off the pitch.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think you have misinterpreted what I said, I was questioning why his Dad (Alexis) is being a dick whilst his son is being a model professional.

I do agree that Enciso should start from the bench, I imagine he will after RDZ’s comments about him switching off from defensive duties after his wonder goal.
Sorry, I did understand but put my reply badly, I agree with you about his dad being a negative influence and that Alexis is a good one. :thumbsup:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
His dad is doing what any agent would do, especially given he can't actually be his agent from October. Mac won't make a rash decision, I'm certain of that. If we get into Europe and Man City, Real or Barca aren't interested I guarantee it won't be an easy decision.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
His dad is doing what any agent would do, especially given he can't actually be his agent from October. Mac won't make a rash decision, I'm certain of that. If we get into Europe and Man City, Real or Barca aren't interested I guarantee it won't be an easy decision.
My conspiracy theory is that a figure was agreed in Mac’s last contract. If another club pays this, he’ll be gone. Dad Mac is stirring up a bidding war. I’d love Mac to stay but he could have been walking out on a free in June, instead he signed the dotted line meaning we’ll benefit by tens and tens of millions if he leaves. Therefore, he leaves with my blessing if Mac Daddy makes him jump.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was there, all those years ago. Haven't seen it on film since.
Difficult to say exactly how far out he was when he started the run. Probably 35-40 yards. Difficult to say how many players he beat. Probably 5 or 6. I remember we won 2-0. Can't remember if it was the first or second goal. ( Got a funny feeling he scored both )
Despite the ageing uncertainty, it was still a brilliant goal. The best individual goal I have seen in 58 years of support. It was a few seconds of breathtaking magnificence, in a season when everything he touched went in ( 32 goals from the wing!!!! )
I saw the Vicente dribble v Derby and Mitoma's on Saturday but this was on a different level ( plus he scored ) A truly great goal.

Andone’s singlehanded destruction of CP, that goal, will likely always match any Albion goal for me. So clever, deceptive changes of pace, to fool them.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I've watched that video a LOT. The tackle Dunk made that's in his highlights video on the halfway line ish is just before this. Watch their players, in particular Gallagher and Kovacic. Quality strike obviously but absolutely joke defending and effort from the Chelsea players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've watched that video a LOT. The tackle Dunk made that's in his highlights video on the halfway line ish is just before this. Watch their players, in particular Gallagher and Kovacic. Quality strike obviously but absolutely joke defending and effort from the Chelsea players.

By then were they exhausted and dejected after chasing shadows?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There were more Albion fans at that game Nelson scored than there will be at Wembley this Sunday!
I was at the game at Brentford, but I was pissed and I can't remember the goal really, in my mind he looked to have f***ed it and gone too wide and too deep, but slotted in at the near post from a tight angle, but others I have seen describe it say it went top corner?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports