[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
My first season, did a few aways but not that one so missed it. Was it even filmed? Never seen it.
It really was one of those jaw-dropping moments.

Although it lives on vividly in the memories of those that were there, I doubt that we all remember the same goal. Such is memory. I hope no one finds it now.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Just a shame fans don't celebrate goals now that we've got VAR

I believe VAR checked every possible infringement and rule but no matter how much they bent them, they had to allow the goal to stand, even drawing offside lines ignoring the 5 other players between Enciso and the goal didn't work.

They were gutted is the rumour.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I believe VAR checked every possible infringement and rule but no matter how much they bent them, they had to allow the goal to stand, even drawing offside lines ignoring the 5 other players between Enciso and the goal didn't work.

They were gutted is the rumour.
They were mortified, the letter of apology had already been drafted.

Still they can just changed the date and it will save them time next time.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
In the short time he's been with us he's improved his footballing brain already there were times Saturday when he would of taken a pop but instead tried to find a team mate,the pass to Ferguson was sublime for his header that Kepa tipped over.

It must be so hard not to just shooooooot when I guess that's what he's always done previously,I get why RDZ called him out in the last 10 of the game as there were at least two occasions he simply stood still and watched Chelsea attack,he must save some petrol or there's no way he'll start games if he's going to do that, he's kind of giving the manager the easy option to use him as a sub so I'm sure he'll learn and begin to manage himself better on the pitch by working hard off it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the short time he's been with us he's improved his footballing brain already there were times Saturday when he would of taken a pop but instead tried to find a team mate

That's true, but following his wonder goal he has vowed never to pass again

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
In the short time he's been with us he's improved his footballing brain already there were times Saturday when he would of taken a pop but instead tried to find a team mate,the pass to Ferguson was sublime for his header that Kepa tipped over.

It must be so hard not to just shooooooot when I guess that's what he's always done previously,I get why RDZ called him out in the last 10 of the game as there were at least two occasions he simply stood still and watched Chelsea attack,he must save some petrol or there's no way he'll start games if he's going to do that, he's kind of giving the manager the easy option to use him as a sub so I'm sure he'll learn and begin to manage himself better on the pitch by working hard off it.
Very true, he exhausted a lot of energy coming on when he did combined with the emotional goal celebrations. He looked leggy after and lost focus.

It will be a big call to start him in any game before the end of the season, injury may necessitate it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Very true, he exhausted a lot of energy coming on when he did combined with the emotional goal celebrations. He looked leggy after and lost focus.

It will be a big call to start him in any game before the end of the season, injury may necessitate it.
I think he has an excellent chance of starting next weekend, given our current injury predicament.

He still hasn't shown that he can be a 90 minute player, so a great chance of semi final game time for some other players who have not had much football.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I think he has an excellent chance of starting next weekend, given our current injury predicament.
Bit of a concern for me in a Wembley semi final, and some of the big league games which are also cup finals in the race for Europe. Nothing to do with his ability, he's good enough; it's a lot of weight and expectation on his young shoulders.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
20230417_101555.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
View attachment 159778

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter.

Quick perusal of responses shows that many Chelsea 'fans' don't actually understand the concept of 'class' (in terms of a clubs behaviour, not as a Marxist construct for analysing society).

If anyone is silly enough to engage on twitter maybe worth pointing out that class is NOT measured in terms of how many trophies you have bought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports