Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Think I've rewound MotD about 10 times now, just such a beautiful strike, great crowd reaction 😁

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But he was also absolutely unbelievable for the 60 minutes before that.

The amount of running he did the whole game it's no surprise he dipped towards the end!
The concern is though RDZ didn't feel he had someone he could bring on for a player who's clearly ran out of steam

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The concern is though RDZ didn't feel he had someone he could bring on for a player who's clearly ran out of steam
Possibly because we’d already made 2 subs and turned out we needed a 3rd for Webster

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you’d said in February people would be talking about our next South American wonder kid, I’d have naturally assumed it’d be Sarmiento. Amazing how he’s come on, and how we have at least two more waiting in the wings to boot.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Granted I’m on a post match high but can’t remember too many better goals I’ve actually seen live
Probably CMS’s overhead at Burnley early in the 12-13 season for me. Shame that there were only about 300 Albion fans there to see it.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021

Hi shouldnt have to bring on a sub for a 19 year old that didn’t even start the match. Enciso clearly decided he’d done his job for the day and pretty much downed tools. Me and my friend noticed it straight away at the game. There was a very odd 1-2 minute passage of play where he sat on the grass while the game was going on around him where he was sort of pretending to be injured. If we’d let one in then I think RDZ would have blown his gasket.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Possibly because we’d already made 2 subs and turned out we needed a 3rd for Webster
I was about to correct you saying that we have 5 subs to make, bur you’re right in that both subs were made on separate occasions, so we’d have not been able to make a further substitution if a tactical sub had been made.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If you’d said in February people would be talking about our next South American wonder kid, I’d have naturally assumed it’d be Sarmiento. Amazing how he’s come on, and how we have at least two more waiting in the wings to boot.
Same here. But I feel we will be giving Sarmiento similar praise as well, once he's over his injury. Seems a very intelligent player for his age, and a goal will come for him too.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
enciso2.png

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hi shouldnt have to bring on a sub for a 19 year old that didn’t even start the match. Enciso clearly decided he’d done his job for the day and pretty much downed tools. Me and my friend noticed it straight away at the game. There was a very odd 1-2 minute passage of play where he sat on the grass while the game was going on around him where he was sort of pretending to be injured. If we’d let one in then I think RDZ would have blown his gasket.
The goal exhausted him emotionally & he’d run himself into the ground physically. He’s a kid playing under intense pressure. He will learn coping mechanisms and that’s just fine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here