[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My brain works funny but my first thoughts on seeing that photo are..... have they all signed a sweaty shirt? Isn't that going to smell a bit when framed? How's he going to wash it first without losing the signatures? :facepalm:
Sharpie pens have indelible ink. It can be handwashed.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
View attachment 159276

Now this is something to show your grandkids in 50 years.

"From my first goal in a Brighton shirt and in the Premier League".

As it sits framed next to his signed shirt in his 200th appearance for us and his winning goal in the Europa League final signed shirt.

Love how all the players are buzzing for him. He's been mentioned in the "who is.." series the club issues as one of the jokers and most up beat.
Wonderful photo. You can see just how young the two goal scorers are because they’re still wearing their trainer bras.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Will the club show all of the goal on its The YouTube channel or just the editted highlight?
Just watched the extended highlights and the whole move is on there. In fact I came specifically to this thread to say what a fantastic goal it is – right from the looped 'pass' from Steele to Dunk to kick things off.

Genuinely a thing of beauty right up to Lord Groß's assist and Julio 'wait for it, wait for it..... NOW' Enciso's finish. Didn't fully appreciate it at the time, but it's wonderful.

Last edited:

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Since Enciso scored his first ever EPL goal, I have been watching Enciso related videos on Youtube. Then, I happened to find this scene. To me, it looks like Dragon Ball's Fusion. It's a very old Japanese manga / anime (the original anime was on tv 20 - 30 years ago) and I think Enciso and Sarmiento are too young for Dragon Ball. Japanese animes including old ones are "big in South America":unsure:?. Or, the pose is not from Dragon Ball :rolleyes:?
enciso.PNG

113.jpg

Last edited:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
What a great kid:
Great kid! This bit stood out. Stephens called him "F**king, cheating c**t" so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself Julio!

“When you are on the pitch you can get hot-headed, I said sorry to him afterwards. I think on the pitch you can lose it in the moment, but it was no more than that," added Enciso.

“I said sorry because I don’t think things like that are good. A lot of people are watching me, lots of kids, so it’s not a good example for them.”

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Since Enciso scored his first ever EPL goal, I have been watching Enciso related videos on Youtube. Then, I happened to find this scene. To me, it looks like Dragon Ball's Fusion. It's a very old Japanese manga / anime (the original anime was on tv 20 - 30 years old) and I think Enciso and Sarmiento are too young for Dragon Ball. Japanese animes including old ones are "big in South America":unsure:?. Or, the pose is not from Dragon Ball :rolleyes:?
View attachment 159349

113.jpg

Japanese animation is big in the Spanish-speaking world in general. Dragonball is huge here in Spain.

Sergio Agüero's nickname "Kun" comes from the anime Wanpaku Omukashi Kumu Kumu.

Last edited:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
View attachment 159276

Now this is something to show your grandkids in 50 years.

"From my first goal in a Brighton shirt and in the Premier League".

As it sits framed next to his signed shirt in his 200th appearance for us and his winning goal in the Europa League final signed shirt.

Love how all the players are buzzing for him. He's been mentioned in the "who is.." series the club issues as one of the jokers and most up beat.
Also Lallana quoting him as the best youngster in training every day shows he's definitely talented.

Think he also said that Julio never wants to give the ball to other players though which makes sense :ROFLMAO:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Since Enciso scored his first ever EPL goal, I have been watching Enciso related videos on Youtube. Then, I happened to find this scene. To me, it looks like Dragon Ball's Fusion. It's a very old Japanese manga / anime (the original anime was on tv 20 - 30 years ago) and I think Enciso and Sarmiento are too young for Dragon Ball. Japanese animes including old ones are "big in South America":unsure:?. Or, the pose is not from Dragon Ball :rolleyes:?
View attachment 159349

113.jpg

It's definitely from DBZ and it's one of the biggest animes globally.

DBZ is particularly big in South America and Spanish speaking countries in general.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Going to apologise to the kid now. His positional play etc gave me nightmares but if you hit them like that (and that's not the first) I don't really care what else you do on the field. Outrageous goal. Cute Sunday papers linking another young player with a move to a 'big club'.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I'll hold my hands up - I was calling for Enciso to go out on loan after his performance against Stoke.

It's all really clicking for him now. His close control is fantastic and hes so tenacious, always running. Well deserved goal today, and WHAT A GOAL!

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
people have been saying that Julio is the best player in training. So glad he is being given the opportunity to show his talent. We have such an incredible squad.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Wonderful young player.

After the final whistle went, he lay face down on the turf crying with joy for a short term.

We're giving this impressive young man his dream and he's repaying us with utter magic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports