Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
What I love about Enciso is his close ball control in really tight places. Against the low block teams, he seems to be able to create that little bit of space to move forward and either pass or get his shot away.

Sarmiento has the same ability.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He’a tenacious and going to be amazing in a year or 18 months. He’s just a bit raw right now. Moments and glimpses come out often, but I think being in and around the squad everyday he’ll improve his build up play, off the ball and little things like that to put him in perhaps not more, but more reliable situations/opportunities to succeed at the PL level. Turn those moments where he gets a half shot off that most players couldn’t, into him being balanced instead of off-balance or 3/4 clear of a defender instead of 1/2 and thus able to score.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Slightly off topic, but I always love watching him warm up before games with Sarmiento (when JS is there). It’s like watching two South American kid freestylers just having a ball and living the dream. It’s great to watch, the kids love it.
During the half time kick about, there were four subs, including Enciso, playing one touch keepy uppy. If one failed, the other three went over and kicked the miscreant in the arse. They were doing this in front of the West stand. I can't have been the only one to notice.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I’m a big fan. You can see he absolutely loves playing and his shoot-on-sight policy will yield a heap of goals soon enough. Have a feeling that’s going to be very soon actually…maybe even a brace against BoreMuff on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whats his best position
I think he’s one of those players who whilst young and getting stronger and learning the game, he’ll generally start out wide but I think ultimately he looks like a number 10 to me.

These days though, players like him need to be able to play all of the positions across the attacking three and he, Sarmiento and Buonanotte all seem happy to do that.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
yeah he has great potential, he's a bit light weight at the moment but will definitely get stronger - it was only a few years ago that Solly was pretty lightweight in tussles, but now he's more like Akinfenwa winning nearly all strength battles

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Enciso and Sarmiento seem to have a similar skillset, but from their recent performances Sarmiento seemed to also be ahead in his ability to read the game, and be intelligent with his use of the ball/movement. No point being a pacy skillful player if you're running down dead ends or taking on one too many players, which sometimes Enciso had been guilty of. But yesterday he seemed more composed, more mindful with his use of the ball, and definitely made an impact. If he can continue to improve that side of his game, we'll have a very decent player. He seems so desperate to score, I hope it happens for him soon. Him and Sarmiento.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The RDZ affect on a very raw ingredient, gradually cooking him up to be served in a Michelin star restaurant is so fascinating. Enciso was utter quality when he came on. Delicious!

629A3A9F-502C-4CA5-BF09-B05BEA7EC55E.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
la pequeña mierdacasa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here