[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with those above saying he looked like he could definitely hold his own (physically) out there.

Also for someone who is apparently 5ft 6 he certainly does a good impression of someone a fair bit taller?! Not sure that’s accurate. Would make him just 1 inch taller than Lamptey.
He absolutely eats the ground up when he runs as well……..seems to move effortlessly at real pace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thought it was pretty bold of RdZ to bring him on at the moment he did. What is he: 18, 19? Never played a PL game before, is a creative attacking player, and he's thrown into things when we were trying to see the game out. Got to admire the head coach's cojones for that move. It worked out well, as it meant we started to stretch them again after sitting back for a while.
Precisely. It turned the match, when Chelsea had been getting more of the ball. Back in their faces, and the game rhythm reset.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Impressive first PL appearance for him. He played with confidence, has two feet like traction engines and got involved well. Couple of times he could have made better decisions but i'll forgive him that as he was probably keen to impress on his PL debut and with time he'll learn from those mistakes.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agreed with all. Cracking debut.

Love his confidence to have a couple of pops from long range. We were saying that we can't remember anyone recently who's first thought outside of the box, was to have a go. Definitely something different than what we have. Together with his tenacity, ability to mix it up and not get shoved off the ball, plus his electric pace, he's another star in the making.

All a great advert for other youngsters who are looking to make it in the PL, to come to Brighton and progress.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I like his selfishness and getting shots off. We've complained for ages that we fanny around too much and try and pass the ball in - well, now no defence will know quite what to expect in any one match - silky passing with time to regroup, or direct running and bullet shots.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
100% - he’s much stockier than when he first arrived, and even since playing at FGR in the cup.
Much like Trossard now compared with when he joined us. He doesn't get knocked off the ball so easily these days.

I'm not sure we should do the same with Mitoma though. I do wonder if building up his muscle would make him any faster, or would it slow him down?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This lad is special. Confident. Direct. Raw. The potential for improvement is absolutely huge with the right he coaching and experience. Delighted to see him get his chance and get an assist. Did feel for him with the one he ran through on as he wanted to pass but the experience of Silva and his CB position made it incredibly hard. Maybe a first time ball was the one but wasn’t as simple as it maybe looked from the stands.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
This lad is special. Confident. Direct. Raw. The potential for improvement is absolutely huge with the right he coaching and experience. Delighted to see him get his chance and get an assist. Did feel for him with the one he ran through on as he wanted to pass but the experience of Silva and his CB position made it incredibly hard. Maybe a first time ball was the one but wasn’t as simple as it maybe looked from the stands.
From the tv view it looked like Silva got his angles spot on (superb defending) and JE didn’t have much choice but to shoot.

I thought he showed real character yesterday. Look forward to seeing him play more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My point was that had he passed to Gross rather than having that 2nd shot Mendy would have been better positioned and may have made the save.
I knew what you meant, and yes, as it turned out we scored. But passing was probably the best choice at the time.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We may just have found ourselves another one. Aside from the over exuberance when he should have passed to Trossard it was a lovely little cameo debut.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I can't say I felt "wow, this is the new Lionel Messi" exactly. Most of his finishes were so-so, he controlled the ball more with willpower than with skill and generally his best contribution was to annoy the shit out of the Chelsea players. Very, very Neal Maupay... which is very impressive - he could have easily just played for himself trying to find spaces and do some dribbling or something, but no, he got straight into it and showed a lot of determination and desire. Wasn't just happy to be there, but actually wanted to make an impact.

Think he has a long way to go before he's challenging for a place in the starting eleven but guessing we'll see more of him now. Could be a raw diamond this one.
Maybe - surprise surprise - the club knew what it was doing when it didn't bring in yet another striker.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't say I felt "wow, this is the new Lionel Messi" exactly. Most of his finishes were so-so, he controlled the ball more with willpower than with skill and generally his best contribution was to annoy the shit out of the Chelsea players. Very, very Neal Maupay... which is very impressive - he could have easily just played for himself trying to find spaces and do some dribbling or something, but no, he got straight into it and showed a lot of determination and desire. Wasn't just happy to be there, but actually wanted to make an impact.

Think he has a long way to go before he's challenging for a place in the starting eleven but guessing we'll see more of him now. Could be a raw diamond this one.
Maybe - surprise surprise - the club knew what it was doing when it didn't bring in yet another striker.
Do you think I owe Paul Barber an apology ? Particularly after my reaction to seeing no Danny Welbeck in the squad :blush:

pb mailfull.jpg

And they've had the highlights on in the North ever since :wink:

Attachments

• PB mail.jpg
    PB mail.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 28

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports