Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Did exactly what he was told to do, hassle the defenders, foul the midfielders, be a nuisance, maybe even have a couple of shots on goal.
You could see the way RDZ hugged him at the end, he was happy with his performance.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think we’ll see a combination of Jeremy and Julio off the bench most weeks - both are superb ball runners, raw but flair - anything could happen and they’ll run some tiring defenders ragged... both superb options :)

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Definitely needs experience - should have passed to Trossard in one chance, and Gross for the goal (but lucky that it rebounded to him anyway) - but also it's nice to have a striker who is hungry to score goals.

Lots of energy, made a few niggly fouls and got in their faces which I imagine is what he was instructed to do. Excited to see more of him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What stood out for me was his confidence. Several times he was quite selfish, but I quite liked that because at times we've been crying out for more decisiveness when in dangerous attacking situations.

Not afraid to get his foot in either. So long as that doesn't translate into too many cards, it's another plus for me.

I'm excited by him, along with the others like Mitoma and Sarmiento. The future looks bright.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
What stood out for me was his confidence. Several times he was quite selfish, but I quite liked that because at times we've been crying out for more decisiveness when in dangerous attacking situations.

Not afraid to get his foot in either. So long as that doesn't translate into too many cards, it's another plus for me.

I'm excited by him, along with the others like Mitoma and Sarmiento. The future looks bright.
Very bright, and Roberto not afraid to blood them. Happy days.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I liked what I saw TBH. Reckon 12 months from now he’s ripping it up.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Definitely needs experience - should have passed to Trossard in one chance, and Gross for the goal (but lucky that it rebounded to him anyway) - but also it's nice to have a striker who is hungry to score goals.

Lots of energy, made a few niggly fouls and got in their faces which I imagine is what he was instructed to do. Excited to see more of him.
I think the 2nd shot he had actually ended up helping Gross score. Mendy was all off balance.

Looks a great young player for sure.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Certainly not afraid to take a shot from outside the box. Both of today's shots couldn't be held by the keeper.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
So raw, but if you love football what a joy. Took the game to them when he came on and made a huge difference.
Definitely. Obviously should have passed when we were through 2 on one, but the difference in our threat on the break when he came on was stark contrast as Lallana was walking by that stage. Him and Sarmiento coming on to yake the game to them was really encouraging and brave, and it worked. Maybe, just maybe we have a non wellbeck solution after all.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

He was desperate to score and tried to constantly get a shot off. As much as it meant he missed a clear ball to Tross, in general its a thing we have a big lack of. Someone selfish in or near the box.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not sure I want to see him tracking a full back much but going forward he was a joy. So exciting and will get (a lot) better. Very exciting

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Trossard was not best pleased with not receiving the pass when that chance came calling

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Certainly not afraid to take a shot from outside the box. Both of today's shots couldn't be held by the keeper.
While true, not sure he was the keeper to judge him against. Looked just as shite as the Leicester one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here