Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is that some kind of scouting salute in the top left photo? I think he needs to lose that.

If you see the club tweet the Alt text explains it

Image description
Julio Enciso stands in front of a grey wall in an Albion shirt holding two fingers to his head - it's his signature celebration and one we're looking forward to seeing more of!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Surely he won’t have enough points to play for us yet?

Paraguay are ranked 50 in the world, so if he has played in 70% or more of their fixtures in the last 12 months, he will qualify on that alone, Copa Libertadores is also ranked as a tier 1 competition equivalent to Champions league, only played 3 of the 5 games his club has played so far in this years competition because he was injured, but that should give him 7 points, meaning he would only have to have played 50% of Paraguays matches to get the further 8 points required.
If he didn't have the points, the fee being the largest ever for a player from that league, him becoming the youngest ever goalscorer in the Copa Libertadores when he was 16, him being the top scorer with 11 from 14 games as his side won their league, counts towards demonstrating he is an exceptional talent, exceptions to the points system can be made using these sorts of arguments.

Edit: He should also have a couple of points for his league appearances, he is likely to have the points required, without asking for special consideration.

Last edited:

SuperSub1973

Jan 27, 2022
I'm looking forward to seeing this lad play. It is undoubtedly a major step up in quality for him but with the support he will receive both on and off the pitch, we may have a new gem on our books.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So do we know if it’s definitely just 4 years or 4 plus an option on 1 more year which was mooted as a compromise on what was the only sticking point?
I suspect it is 4 + 1 (secret) year option as suggested on twitter.

Naylor did an article about options last week ( handy, eh ? ) in which he stated they are mostly kept secret.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Very exciting signing. Still young and needs to bulk up, we should temper immediate expectations but a fantastic prospect.

Looks likely to be a bit easy to push off the ball, but we have seen Trossard and March go through that and get physically tougher, I am sure he can do it too.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very exciting signing. Still young and needs to bulk up, we should temper immediate expectations but a fantastic prospect.

It was mentioned in the Athletic article, that since we failed to sign him in January has has bulked up, added muscle, and he's more 'Europe ready'

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Excited by Julio signing and the fact it looks like we aren’t immediately carting him off to Belgium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Excited by Julio signing and the fact it looks like we aren’t immediately carting him off to Belgium

As stated or inferred elsewhere, he will be assessed during pre season with the full squad, I guess they will see how he rides out tackles from Dunk & Duffy during practise sessions before making a decision on his future and any potential loan move.
We all know if your good enough, your old enough in Potters book.
You never know he maybe in the squad.

PS: Love the Benny Hill salute.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Maupay's bottom lip will be even more curled over now, this news has ruined his beach holiday, and he is at the bar hitting the red wine in a pint glass

Thought that was Trossard's domain? Maupay's normally putting it wide or over :p.

Trossard has hit the woodwork 9 times in 100 apps, Maupay just once in 102

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here