Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid,

FFS, of all that stands between him and a huge pay rise, setting himself up for life, and a huge chance of a glittering career in the PL is him wanting a four year deal not a five year one, then he must surely fail the 'No Dickheads' rule. Play hardball, Mr.Bloom!

Why is he a dickhead for negotiating a contract ? How many players have we ever given 5 years to?

Bissouma?
Webster (was 4 year, then given 5)

Can’t think of any others

Last edited:

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I totally get the 5 year deal. 2nd Worst case scenario. Maybe have to loan him out for a year or U23s, Another year to get him up to speed in PL,1 decent year then youd have to look at extending his contract or selling if he was on a 4yr deal.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
You have to ask, if that's the case, WTF is the lad (or his advisors) thinking? The length of the contract means nothing these days interms of moving in - the only difference is the price of the transfer related to the remaining length of the contract, which doesn't make much difference to the player.
Is he thinking of the riches of going on a free when his contract ends? - surely if he's that ambitious/driven he'll be looking to move on and up before his 4 years are up. And if he turns out to be a flop in Europe, he's better off sitting out five years of PL pay then four years.

FFS, of all that stands between him and a huge pay rise, setting himself up for life, and a huge chance of a glittering career in the PL is him wanting a four year deal not a five year one, then he must surely fail the 'No Dickheads' rule. Play hardball, Mr.Bloom!

Bizarre post - you seem to have a strange fixation with signing young players and a perception that the club just don't know what they are doing, bringing them in and letting them go. What is clear to me is that there is a lack of transparency around these deals and I can't see the point of getting so worked up over the numbers when all we have is pure guess work as to what any of this costs.

If someone wants a bit more assurance before moving half way around the world to start a new life, I am absolutely fine with that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why is he a dickhead for negotiating a contract ? How many players have we ever given 5 years to?
He is being offered the chance of a lifetime, doubtless several thousand pounds a week, and he's quibbling over 4 or 5 years? Dickhead!

Five year contracts? Plenty of them (or four and a half year deals for mid season signings) - guessing off the top of my head - Locadia, Andone, Cucurella, Bissouma, Moder, Kozlowski, Undav, Mac Allister........

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I don't know why, but I really want this deal to go through. I guess it's because the Caicedo signing has worked out so well, and there's somthing satisfying about us finding a young south american talkent in the more obscure leagues and getting him here under the noses of the so called big clubs.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Naylor now confirming the news coming out of Ecuador.
- £9.5m deal
- Albion "hopeful" of getting it done.
- Sticking point. Albion want 5 years. He wants 4 years.
- Coming to England next Tuesday to finalise terms, medical etc.
- Will be assessed before any decision re: next steps (loan, u23s, first team squad etc)
https://theathletic.com/news/brighton-julio-enciso/c9jz3u6rApI0/

Having failed to get a deal over the line in January, (I understand because Enciso and/or his agent failed to understand the UK tax take), I'm surprised there is now what seems to be a new sticking point - length of contract. I'm troubled by this.

Many people have spent a lot of time putting this together. I don't think that turning Brighton down twice would be in the lad's best interests. He may not get a third go.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Having failed to get a deal over the line in January, (I understand because Enciso and/or his agent failed to understand the UK tax take), I'm surprised there is now what seems to be a new sticking point - length of contract. I'm troubled by this.

Many people have spent a lot of time putting this together. I don't think that turning Brighton down twice would be in the lad's best interests. He may not get a third go.

Can’t be that much of a sticking point given he’s said goodbye to Libertad, is travelling to the Uk, the fee is seemingly agreed. All indications are that both sides expect this to be done.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
A couple of years with the U23's then a couple more out on loan to USG and hopefully we will see him in the first team in his 5th season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bizarre post - you seem to have a strange fixation with signing young players and a perception that the club just don't know what they are doing, bringing them in and letting them go. What is clear to me is that there is a lack of transparency around these deals and I can't see the point of getting so worked up over the numbers when all we have is pure guess work as to what any of this costs.

If someone wants a bit more assurance before moving half way around the world to start a new life, I am absolutely fine with that.
No fixation (and bizzare for someone to imagine there is one) - and the suggestion I'm claiming that the club doesn't know what they're doing is laughable. I am commenting on what's been reported in the post to which I replied, nothing else.

... and common sense would suggest that five years on what to you and me would be massive wages is a bit more assurance than four years, wouldn't you agree?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
He is being offered the chance of a lifetime, doubtless several thousand pounds a week, and he's quibbling over 4 or 5 years? Dickhead!

Five year contracts? Plenty of them (or four and a half year deals for mid season signings) - guessing off the top of my head - Locadia, Andone, Cucurella, Bissouma, Moder, Kozlowski, Undav, Mac Allister........

The club have the opportunity to sign an exciting South American talent for a modest transfer fee, who could help improve the club and potentially be sold for a large profit in a few years time. And yet they are quibbling over 4 or 5 years, dickheads!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A couple of years with the U23's then a couple more out on loan to USG and hopefully we will see him in the first team in his 5th season.

Sure - some don’t work out or take longer to develop / so what. . But Caicedo, Mac Allister, Undav, Moder , Sarmiento, Sanchez - we joke about it - but club have established this model and we now have probably the best pathway to the first team for young prospects than any other club in the PL.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

You do seem to be getting your knickers in a twist over what is complete supposition!
Naylor is guessing, he’s not privy to Bloom or the agent’s requests (or demands as you’d put it) - every big deal will have some negotiations it’s not exactly unusual. The lads moving to the other side of the world and this deal will shape his future.
We’re in goods hands with Uncle Tony doing the negotiating, I’m not concerned

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club have the opportunity to sign an exciting South American talent for a modest transfer fee, who could help improve the club and potentially be sold for a large profit in a few years time. And yet they are quibbling over 4 or 5 years, dickheads!

It’s £9.5m !!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You do seem to be getting your knickers in a twist over what is complete supposition!
Naylor is guessing, he’s not privy to Bloom or the agent’s requests (or demands as you’d put it) - every big deal will have some negotiations it’s not exactly unusual. The lads moving to the other side of the world and this deal will shape his future.
We’re in goods hands with Uncle Tony doing the negotiating, I’m not concerned

Naylor is not guessing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Don't blame the kid at all for looking at 4 years instead of 5.

This is a MASSIVE deal and huge level of upheaval for an 18 year old to take. Sure, he would back himself to succeed but there must also be that thought of "if i REALLY hate it there, do I really want to be 23 when my deal runs out?". Remember, the clubs valuation of the player will likely amortize in line with the length of the contract.

If it went AWFULLY for him and he wanted out at 21 years old, with a 4 year deal in place, the Albion wouldn't need THAT astronomical a fee to be made to balance the books if he were sold.

People sometimes forget that these guys are basically kids moving to a different continent and everything that comes with that. If he isn't THAT keen on signing for half a decade to (and let's be honest) not a DREAM PL team then I'm not sure how anyone on the internet can make a judgement on his character.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

"Offered the chance of a lifetime"?

No. This is not some kind of Albion charity project, the club is trying to sign a footballer who will end up in another decent club if he doesn't reach terms with Brighton. Just like Brighton got all the right in the world to offer him as much/little they want for however many years they want, he has all the right in the world to make his demands. It doesn't make the club or the player "dickheads" - its just how negotiations work. The club isn't sacrificing itself for Enciso, they're trying to sign him because they think he is/will turn really good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here