Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Judas or Genius

GP Judas or genius

• Total voters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Caceido is the genius in this recent chapter we were struggling before he arrived, anyone who says different is delusional.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
As a fan from the US (fairly new fan too..), I will say this: The idea of a team just taking a different team's coach (let alone the entire staff..) during the season is a completely foreign concept to me (no pun intended). in the US leagues (NFL, NHL, NBA, etc.) if a coach is under contract, the only way he leaves is if he is fired. Period. The fact that this is allowed is truly a joke and one reason why the Premier league has the top 6 clubs and then a bunch of other clubs that are essentially feeder clubs. It would be nice for the Premier League to adopt some of the US model....(never going to happen, I know....)

Can only agree with this, although newcastle and their dirty money will soon make it seven. The PL isn't all it's cracked up to be in the sports media - it's bollocks.

As for GP, genius of course but it's total shyte that he and Chelsea have managed to totally rip us apart

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Neither, he was a good fit for our club though, but he is not the only guy that likes to play nice football and isn't a wanker.

BKseagulls

Sep 8, 2022
We don't live in a totalitarian state.

We are all free to accept a job offer if our contract permits it.

This thread is pointless clickbait.

Looking at from a US based fan, its hard to have a 5-year plan for a team when there is so much uncertainty on if you can even keep your staff for more than 2 years..

I wouldn't be opposed to managers moving during the transfer window (As it fair game for any club to sign anyone they wish to sign) but to do it during the season is just insanity...

At least trade back some talent. I rather get back Cucurella than money...

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Top coach, top bloke. Can't begrudge him taking the opportunity. Looked like being a key part of our adventure. We'll have to do it without him and those he has taken with him, real shame Bruno and Roberts gone too.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
****ing hell guys. Football management is his job. He got offered another job on better terms and quite naturally, accepted the offer. He didn't go whoring himself around, he hasn't held the club to ransom. It's a natural thing to happen. Some of the bedwetting on here is unbelievable.

Agree, it was always going to end some day...... I dont blame him, but hes not the squeeky clean man of integrity who isnt motivated by money, that he tries to make out..... he's ultra ambitious and ruthless, as are most in football.

Far more let down by Bruno Saltor tbh and his "once a seagull" bollox....... there is almost a duty of care with all the Spanish lads, some of whom are very young like Encisco, he would know that he and Ben Roberts also going literally rips out the heart of the club and whilst theres nothing wrong with wanting to move on or move to a bigger club or for more money, I just think Bruno couldve acted better and handled it differently..... He couldve got an agreement/contract, waited a month or two, keept things ticking over ont he coaching side, find another Spanish speaker to fill that gap and then gone. From Tuchel being sacked to him just walking out in under 48 hours, for all this club gave to him,as a long standing captain etc was bad form.

Wow the mood has turned dark. We still have the best Albion team ever IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here