Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Anyone recall SLF played Brighton Centre standing only and only about 100 fans inside felt bizarely intimate in large venue. "Johnny Was" went on for what felt like half an hour. Brilliant gig.

didn't see them at the Centre,but saw them a couple of times at the Rank.
they did Running Bear for an encore,both superb gigs

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No. Too arty. Brian ENO, FFS!

Jarman had no idea. I had Chelsea Art College across the road from me in 76-79. Bunch of goggle eyed ponces.

Mind you....actually no, I won't go there :lolol:

Still, you missed one of the stars of Jubilee. No, you don't have to thank me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ICfWY6CvnY

I loved that movie from the first time I saw it, even though I didn’t really understand it when I was about 13, I still love it now, I had it on VHS and now have a digital download of it, watch it every couple of years. Toyah was bonkers in it, as was Jordan (RIP).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I loved that movie from the first time I saw it, even though I didn’t really understand it when I was about 13, I still love it now, I had it on VHS and now have a digital download of it, watch it every couple of years. Toyah was bonkers in it, as was Jordan (RIP).

I did like the film. Adam Ant with curly hair and flared trousers :lolol: But it was pure art school. MacLaren tried to turn the pistols into an art project with the Great Rock and Roll Swindle. Ronnie Biggs :facepalm:. I felt there was a large amount of taking the piss and empty posteuring by then, from the Svengalis and Movie Makers.

adam and Ian.jpg

Chariots of Fire anyone? :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brighton's best and probably the best name ever for a band. Clever. Different. Striking.

I saw Wrist Action 20+ times in 77 (very similar sound, but with less of the comedy) but had moved on from the basical punk sound by 78.

I do remember this from the radio, a little later, which is quite amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcTHIAjU4Zs

On the whole I'm not a fan of comedy pop. Wierd Al, et al, have me running for cover. Even if Dick Damage does read the Argus.

(I still think the best Brighton band I've heard is The Last Cry).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The first and still one of the best.

Still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I agree. A completely iconic track. For a while it was all we had :eek:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
My all-time fave track - and the best version too; a blistering live version of 'Down In The Sewer'

This lot are still recording and touring (and the singer Colin Newman now lives in Brighton!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here