Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Juan Mata

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think we have plenty in that role already, personally. Also, as has been discussed on another thread already we don't have much room to manoeuvre when it comes to making changes to our Europa League squad. We're potentially going to need to lose either/both/all of Lamptey, Dahoud and Lallana to accomodate Barco, Moder, Enciso and potentially another signing, so I don't where we'd fit Mata in (and who else would need to drop out to accomodate him).

That's a long way of saying no.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Signing Barco and Mata in this window would be the absolute epitome of everything we seem to be about when it comes to signings

1. South American wonderkids
2. Euro 2012 participants

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He’s been playing in Japan for a f***ing reason!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If this should happen, someone needs to adapt this for him...

What's-a Mata you? Hey! Gotta no respect?
What-a you t'ink you do, why you look-a so sad?
It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place
Ah shaddap-a you face!
That's-a my mama, I can remember!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
35 years young. Available after leaving his most recent club in Japan. Maybe worth some consideration on a short term deal. His ability and experience in relation to our Europa League hopes could make a considerable difference.
Why would we go for an old player on a short term deal who has not played in a top league for almost 2 years?

Nobody came in for him last summer and he ended up panic-signing for a club on the other side of the world where he played literally 10 minutes in 6 months.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I think we have plenty in that role already, personally. Also, as has been discussed on another thread already we don't have much room to manoeuvre when it comes to making changes to our Europa League squad. We're potentially going to need to lose either/both/all of Lamptey, Dahoud and Lallana to accomodate Barco, Moder, Enciso and potentially another signing, so I don't where we'd fit Mata in (and who else would need to drop out to accomodate him).

That's a long way of saying no.
We don't need to drop all 3 as we have 24/25 spots taken and can only register/replace 3 players. That means two dropping out and 3 coming in to make it 25/25.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Juan Mata was a class act in his time. Tho his time has probably gone. Unless of course the Albion were to instigate a policy of One Old Lag Out, One Old Lag In

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Mata could be our 2024 version of Vicente. A sprinkling of brilliance from the bench. What could possibly go wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here