El-Abd
Elphick

Smith
Bridcutt
Battipiedi
Baz

Holroyd
Hart

Reserve team, The league is far more important, if we wanted a cup run we should have fielded a stronger side in the league cup where a trip to Liverpool (as thats who Northampton got) would have generated far more income. Even if we do have Lua Lua back and a new striker we cant afford Suspensions and injuries.

Apart from that if this side wins, and Holroyd perhaps gets a goal, what a boost in confidence for all of them.

No, they got Reading, but carry on...

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Team will be.....

1. Walker
2. Whing
3. Tarrico
4. El Abd
5. Dunk
6. Smith
7. Caskey
8. Bridcutt
9. Baz
10. Hart
11. Holdroyd

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Team will be.....

1. Walker
2. Whing
3. Tarrico
4. El Abd
5. Dunk
6. Smith
7. Caskey
8. Bridcutt
9. Baz
10. Hart
11. Holdroyd

Gus said that it would be a strong team, as we have no game on Saturday, so we don't need to think about resting players for an important league game. Therefore it makes sense for Gus to paly a strong team, which could also respect Slade coming back to Withdean, and perhaps give some fringe players a run out for the last 30 mins. For example, he could bring on Baz or Bridcutt

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm going to slightly change my prediction on page 1.

I think he'll go with the diamond 4-4-2 again too see how that works again after using it on Saturday.

Bridcutt will replace Kishishev and Sparrow will replace Dicker. Battipiedi will probably get another chance as it's all about games and adapting for him so more minutes the better.

People talk about the risk of Murray and Barnes getting injured and suspended and then suggest they start in this pointless game :facepalm:

It'll be Hart and Holroyd up top, with Baz probably replacing Bennett in the hole. Maybe he'll try to fit Smith in. I guess that would have to be at the expense of one of Hart/Holroyd/Baz though.

To keep within the rules and also practice the full backs supporting the attack when playing the diamond I reckon the back 4 and keeper will stay the same.

So:

Ankergren
Calderon - Elphick - El-Abd - Painter
Bridcutt
Sparrow - Battipiedi
Baz
Hart - Holroyd

Subs: Walker, Whing, Cook, Smith, Caskey, LuaLua, Barnes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm going to slightly change my prediction on page 1.

I think he'll go with the diamond 4-4-2 again too see how that works again after using it on Saturday.

Bridcutt will replace Kishishev and Sparrow will replace Dicker. Battipiedi will probably get another chance as it's all about games and adapting for him so more minutes the better.

People talk about the risk of Murray and Barnes getting injured and suspended and then suggest they start in this pointless game :facepalm:

It'll be Hart and Holroyd up top, with Baz probably replacing Bennett in the hole. Maybe he'll try to fit Smith in. I guess that would have to be at the expense of one of Hart/Holroyd/Baz though.

To keep within the rules and also practice the full backs supporting the attack when playing the diamond I reckon the back 4 and keeper will stay the same.

So:

Ankergren
Calderon - Elphick - El-Abd - Painter
Bridcutt
Sparrow - Battipiedi
Baz
Hart - Holroyd

Subs: Walker, Whing, Cook, Smith, Caskey, LuaLua, Barnes.

What is the point of Whing as a sub, just a waste of a place.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Isn't it likely that we will have a new striker by wednesday ? If we do I think he will get a run out.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Brezovan/Walker
Calderon Elphick El-Abd Painter
Bridcutt
Sparrow Dicker
Lua-Lua-----------Baz
Murray​

If it's true Brezovan could play in this one then I would. If not then Walker. I'd also like to see Caskey get a decent run out, half an hour or so. If he's not away with England somewhere.

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
----------------Walker----------------
--Calderon El Abd Elphick Painter--
--------------Bridcutt----------------
--Smith--Sparrow--Battipiedi--Baz--
---------------Holroyd--------------

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brezovan/Walker
Calderon Elphick El-Abd Painter
Bridcutt
Sparrow Dicker
Lua-Lua-----------Baz
Murray​

If it's true Brezovan could play in this one then I would. If not then Walker. I'd also like to see Caskey get a decent run out, half an hour or so. If he's not away with England somewhere.

I hope that we do not play Caskey very often if at all this season so as to stop premiership clubs poaching him while he is still young.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Ankerman
Calderon - Elphick - Dunk - Painter
Lualua - Sparrow - Kish - Bridcutt - Bennett
Murray​

Halftime, as long as we are comfortably ahead, I would like to see a change to 4-4-2 with holroyd replacing murray, Barnes replacing Bridcutt and Caskey replacing Sparrow.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I want to see a relatively strong side perhaps Mitch in for Caper, Bridcutt, Baz & Batti given a run out.
Even if it is the paint pot cup i'd love to have a day out at wembley so i'd like to see as strong a team as possible

MillitantSeagull

Jul 10, 2010
Brighton
Walker

Painter
El-Abd
Elphick
Calderon

LuaLua
Bridcutt
Battipiedi
Sparrow
Bennett

Holroyd (He needs to play at least one full half)

Subs: Ankergren, Whing, Baz, Barnes, Dicker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports