Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Josh McEachran

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Heard on Talk Sport this morning that Josh McEachran has been on Twitter saying he is expecting to go out on loan this January. Do you think this would be a good acquisition or do we need more of a seasoned pro.

Josh is ear marked to be a very good player and has played in both the Premiership and Champions League for Chelsea on a few occasions, Gus is said to be looking for a Midfielder, has Gus got the link at Chelsea to swing it? Would imagine wages wouldn't be too much of an issue.

D

Deleted member 18477

course he'd be a good signing! young talent who need to prove themselves are always good to have on board!

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Would have thought a club like Bolton would be his destination as it's Premiership experience he would benefit most from, plus they always seem to pick up a great loanee.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
course he'd be a good signing! young talent who need to prove themselves are always good to have on board!

Are our first team games really a development scenario, if so lets blood some of are own development players.

I would think Poyet would be looking in the market for established players ready to make an impact, probably an out of favour Premiership player.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Are our first team games really a development scenario, if so lets blood some of are own development players.

I would think Poyet would be looking in the market for established players ready to make an impact, probably an out of favour Premiership player.

Totally agree with this but the constant mention of high wages makes me think it's not likely to happen unless we find a club willing to foot a large % of the wages whilst with us.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Totally agree with this but the constant mention of high wages makes me think it's not likely to happen unless we find a club willing to foot a large % of the wages whilst with us.

I think we are competitive with our wages, if not then it is unlikely that we can bring in the calibre of player that will enhance our prospects anyway.

Ironically if we are not either in a realistic 'play off' or 'relegation' scenario, I am not sure if I would bother burdening the club with another interim high wage.

Depending where the club are, I would expect a 'like-for-like' sale, hoping for a freshening up of the squad, or that player hitting form above his value and then wait until the end of the season to buy.

But who knows what TB's view and circumstances are, maybe he will go 'all guns blazing' now !!!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Were looking for a UNIT in the middle of the park not a midget....even if he is a very good midget !

D

Deleted member 18477

yea you're not wrong there. Poyet will be looking for the more established BUT wages are a big problem at present.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Was said a while back that he was going to Bolton but current rumour is that Villa and Swansea are both after him too. Whatever happens, there's no value for chelsea sending him to the Championship if he can get game time in the Prem.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
yea you're not wrong there. Poyet will be looking for the more established BUT wages are a big problem at present.

I guess wages are always a problem, but I haven't heard any reason why they might be a particular problem with us at the moment.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
A very good ball player and will be Frank Lampards replacement eventually. If he came here, he would play in the Vicente role, so should get plenty of games, as our resident genius and sick note extraordinaire doesn't get on the field too much.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
too lightwieght for the Championship, or our side anyway.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That lad has Swansea all over him. The "right" style of football for him, a team currently in a lot better position than Bolton, and the Brendan Rodgers Chelsea connection. Sounds like a done deal to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here