Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Yes but the goals are just a bonus, his main job is to provide them, which is difficult when you have trouble even crossing a ball.

He had long enough to convince everyone that he was worth his place in the team before he got injured, and he just didn't do that for me.

I think that is a very, very harsh assessment.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Still can't get over the fact that he played under Hughton when he was obviously lame unless the big injury was completely unrelated? He had a few games strapped up playing when he was a shadow of his former self.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A clip just posted by official bhafc twitter in relation to prep for Sunday showed Izzy training with the group, so there's every chance he could be involved. Would love to see it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
A clip just posted by official bhafc twitter in relation to prep for Sunday showed Izzy training with the group, so there's every chance he could be involved. Would love to see it.
Given he has struggled to do more than 45 mins for the u23 team, is this likely?

I would love to see it too, but it seems we are trying to do the right thing by him by trying to get him fit so he can find a club at the end of the season than anything else.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still can't get over the fact that he played under Hughton when he was obviously lame unless the big injury was completely unrelated? He had a few games strapped up playing when he was a shadow of his former self.

This....it was a bit bizarre. This was pre the op he obviously needed - can only think the op was already planned and the ‘experts’ concluded he couldn’t do any more damage (sometimes the case with cartilage type injuries).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Given he has struggled to do more than 45 mins for the u23 team, is this likely?

I would love to see it too, but it seems we are trying to do the right thing by him by trying to get him fit so he can find a club at the end of the season than anything else.

Looks like club are trying to do the right thing by him - full stop. And presumably if Potter sees enough of him in training - he'll pick him. Its not like he's got many options for a potential winger/wing back.
Our faith in Lallana and Welbeck and previously Beram Kayal who have had just as much time out through injury in their careers shows that and also shows there's a path back...

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Five subs allowed on Sunday...might give the possibility of a run out.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This....it was a bit bizarre. This was pre the op he obviously needed - can only think the op was already planned and the ‘experts’ concluded he couldn’t do any more damage (sometimes the case with cartilage type injuries).

Not sure why you there's scare quotes around experts presumably referencing the club doctors / medical team (who are really well regarded in the EPL)
And not sure why there's this impression that he was badly handled or given the wrong advice. Of course easy to do in hindsight.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Looks like club are trying to do the right thing by him - full stop. And presumably if Potter sees enough of him in training - he'll pick him. Its not like he's got many options for a potential winger/wing back.
Our faith in Lallana and Welbeck and previously Beram Kayal who have had just as much time out through injury in their careers shows that and also shows there's a path back...
C'mon, he hasn't managed any first team football since April 2019 and not even 1 full game for the u23 this season. He is done as an Albion player. I hate to say that as I love him as a player but let's be realistic.

Whilst Lallana and Welbeck have had injury problems in the last couple of years you cannot compare where they are now to the issues Izquierdo faces.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Bewildered that he was played when clearly injured. Surely that did him no good.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Bewildered that he was played when clearly injured. Surely that did him no good.

Seems like he did it twice... first in that World Cup and then when CH needed someone to save his arse. Too bad, looks like quite a player from the highlights I've seen.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
When we got the ball to him he caused mayhem and scored some goals that won games (such as West Ham away). But he was too selfish and cost us points by failing to pass when we had 2 on 1's with the keeper then missing himself. However, if we had him fit this season then we would be quite a few points better off. Whether he will ever be the same player again we won't know until we see him play. However let's hope we have a just as good but older and wiser Izzy to return.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure why you there's scare quotes around experts presumably referencing the club doctors / medical team (who are really well regarded in the EPL)
And not sure why there's this impression that he was badly handled or given the wrong advice. Of course easy to do in hindsight.

You post doesn’t make a lot of sense.....but as I suggested, it wouldn’t be unusual for a cartilage injury to be ‘unable to be made worse’ prior to an op so he was drafted in to play on that basis (when we were a bit desperate). That wouldn’t reflect badly on the medical team - it’s a reasonable thing to do - so really not sure of your point.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My eyes at the Amex say he’s there today which is interesting - with the squad. Not sure he’ll be in the squad as hasn’t played much but hopefully it’s near....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just get rid now, sadly his best days are long gone

He hasn’t played first team football yet since coming back - he’s not worth much at the moment as an asset as nobody will pay out for him until he proves fitness - give him a chance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Those who aren’t in squad don’t turn up til later so the fact he’s turned up with the rest of the playing squad could mean he’s on the bench...

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Those who aren’t in squad don’t turn up til later so the fact he’s turned up with the rest of the playing squad could mean he’s on the bench...
Fingers crossed, love to see him playing again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fingers crossed, love to see him playing again.

I thought after his setback he hadn’t played for u23 since so would be very surprising - maybe he’s been ripping it up in training and seems fit. Or we’ve got more injuries :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here