[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Could he be given a run out on Sunday? Or too early?

No, you’ve got to play at least ten under-23 games first (with a couple of setbacks in between) before you’re allowed to play with the first team again.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Could he be given a run out on Sunday? Or too early?

Way too early. I’d give it another 3-4 years yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He’s the new Darren Anderton.

Izquierdo longs to be at the Anderton level. Darren Anderton played nearly 500 games in his career, almost all in the top flight at a rate of approx 23 games a season. Izquierdo is currently about 23 games a season below that level.

Not to get off topic, but I always thought Anderton was the absolute definition of injury prone in the 90's, turns out he wasn't. Looking at those players playing at that time with similar career lengths that don't have the "injury prone tag":

Ray Parlour 400 games
Ian Wright 500 games
Jurgen Klinsmann 510 games
Sol Campbell 504 games
Alan Shearer 560 games
David Beckham 520 games
Steve McManaman 400 games

Surprised me is all.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Assuming he is now 'mended' a year to learn to walk, a year to jog, and 3 years running/sprinting . . .should be good for our Lague 1 promotion push in 2025

This would be the case if we decide to offer him a new contract (and he accepts it) after his current deal ends this summer.

The fella certainly needs to get on a football pitch and show what he can do

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This is the guy who scored two or 3 of the best goals we have seen for us in the PL and people mocking him....just F*** OFF .

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Izzy if he wants a new contract needs to play and soon. At first team level his best chance is the FA cup as long as we are in it. If he's fit I'd think he'll be involved even if its from the bench. Time is running out for him to get another PL value contract I'm sure he'll want to play ASAP

20 mins in a dead rubber in May (God willing) is not going to get him 3 more years at 50 large a week :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is the guy who scored two or 3 of the best goals we have seen for us in the PL and people mocking him....just F*** OFF .

Whilst we would all like to see him back to his best, the fact he's been broken for over 2 years very much suggests he's sadly history as far as we're concerned.

The thought of He and Lamptey tearing down the wings is a very nice one though.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Whilst we would all like to see him back to his best, the fact he's been broken for over 2 years very much suggests he's sadly history as far as we're concerned.

The thought of He and Lamptey tearing down the wings is a very nice one though.

he maybe finished but that does not mean people need to relish in the fact.... a big loss for us if he is finished or does not come back as fast because we currently have no alternative i.e. someone who will run directly at a defence..

didnt he come back very breifly at one point after about a year out and then got injured again? would still love to see him in the team somehow and think he has a lot of flair. Maybe though he could do with half a season at a league one team where the pace is slower but there is more physical contact. That would give the club an opportunity to assess his strength and maybe look to offer him a one year extension is the loan pans out well.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Izquierdo longs to be at the Anderton level. Darren Anderton played nearly 500 games in his career, almost all in the top flight at a rate of approx 23 games a season. Izquierdo is currently about 23 games a season below that level.

Not to get off topic, but I always thought Anderton was the absolute definition of injury prone in the 90's, turns out he wasn't. Looking at those players playing at that time with similar career lengths that don't have the "injury prone tag":

Ray Parlour 400 games
Ian Wright 500 games
Jurgen Klinsmann 510 games
Sol Campbell 504 games
Alan Shearer 560 games
David Beckham 520 games
Steve McManaman 400 games

Surprised me is all.

Anderton was top quality. Very good for England too

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes but the goals are just a bonus, his main job is to provide them, which is difficult when you have trouble even crossing a ball.

He had long enough to convince everyone that he was worth his place in the team before he got injured, and he just didn't do that for me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought he was a brilliant player for us in his first season - the only season he hasn't been plagued by injury. Look at all of our best performances that season, and they were with Izzy and Knockaert on the wings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports