Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Best pic from training posted today.

1b376f90cb16626f27054ac12411a618.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Genuine question - could he play LWB? I think he’s more likely one of a front three but he’s at least as much of a LWB as Dan Burn is...

I think so.....he’s pretty good defensively (remember vividly his tackle on Antonio away at West Ham). With 3 CBs and licence to get forward he could be brilliant- with Lamptey on the other side the oppo would be shitting themselves.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We should drop the 3 at the back system. I know it benefits White, Webster and Dunk and means Potter doesn't have to make a bold decision about which one to leave out. But surely he can see that the squad has too many good players not being used properly at the moment?

Ryan
Lamptey White Dunk Burn/March/Bernardo
Lallana Bissouma Alzate
Trossard Maupay Izquierdo

Is that not a team that would be incredibly exciting? Or Bissouma and Alzate sitting with any four of Lallana, Maupay, Welbeck, Trossard, Izquierdo, Jahanbakhsh, Gross, Mac Allister, Connolly.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think so.....he’s pretty good defensively (remember vividly his tackle on Antonio away at West Ham). With 3 CBs and licence to get forward he could be brilliant- with Lamptey on the other side the oppo would be shitting themselves.

I think he could do a job, remember his debut vs Watford when he tracked back a good 50 yards to deliver a great sliding tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think he could do a job, remember his debut vs Watford when he tracked back a good 50 yards to deliver a great sliding tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

might be a bit cautious in tackling coming back from injury.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Happy for the club to take their time.

These long term injuries are tough.

Danny Welbeck sustained an ankle injury on the 3rd November 2018 playing for Arsenal against Liverpool. He was out for almost a year and transferred to Watford in that time.

On the 19th October 2019, he sustained an injury against Spurs linked to his previous ankle injury having made only 5 Premier League appearances for Watford.

It was only at the end of June 2020 that Danny was able to play a whole match for Watford although he quickly established himself as their best post lockdown player.

Whilst Izquierdo has probably lost all his value to the club (we’d only be able to release him) for now, he would struggle to get into the first team. He is not essential like a Dunk, Lamptey or Bissouma. Happy for him to take his time and build up to 90min games with the U23s.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Izquierdo absolutely could play wing back under Potter. He needs more options there and we're about to head into the packed Xmas fixture pile up. . Don't write him off - assuming the rightfully cautious return goes ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports