Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But you believe yourself to be qualified enough to comment on this twice.

Not many people are qualified to comment on anything on here though are they?

I am suspicious / intrigued by this whole injury too I must admit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
About 8 times (see rest of thread)

So as you're not medically qualified were you at least:-

Involved in the discussions around Jose's rehab?
Or
His PA booking his flights?
Perhaps
Responsible for Colombia's transportation network?
Have you
Done a rehab impact study on both his homes to assess which is best?

Please give us something to suggest you have any insight as to why you are well placed to question this decision

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So as you're not medically qualified were you at least:-

Involved in the discussions around Jose's rehab?
Or
His PA booking his flights?
Perhaps
Responsible for Colombia's transportation network?
Have you
Done a rehab impact study on both his homes to assess which is best?

Please give us something to suggest you have any insight as to why you are well placed to question this decision

Dull man.

As has been pointed out to you, there is nobody on this thread who really knows the conversations which have taken place about him going to Columbia or about the status of his knee.

However if we can say there are 2 plausible explanations for his recovery being at home ... A) That it makes no difference, so he may as well be there or B) It does make some difference but we've decided to let him do it for whatever reason, I think B is more likely. Note. I didn't say it was definitely B, only that it is more likely in my mind. This doesn't require detailed medical knowledge. I've never claimed I was doing anything other than speculating.

The reason why I think so (and I can't believe I'm having to explain this again) is that presumably one of the reason's we've spent the vast amount of money we have on equipment and staff for the category A facility in Lancing is so that we can get our playing assets playing again as soon as possible. Also, we're living in a time now where players often have their own medical staff and are more likely to have responsibility for their own fitness. Again, I don't know that's happening her. Though it's possible.

Really though, you are a bit of an idiot aren't you. If you're suggesting that nobody can post anything on here without professional expertise in the matter or with direct inside information, then I don't know how many of your 56,000 posts you're going to have to retract. But you don't think that really. You just throwing a bit of weight around because you know you don't have a very strong argument on the matter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dull man.

As has been pointed out to you, there is nobody on this thread who really knows the conversations which have taken place about him going to Columbia or about the status of his knee.

However if we can say there are 2 plausible explanations for his recovery being at home ... A) That it makes no difference, so he may as well be there or B) It does make some difference but we've decided to let him do it for whatever reason, I think B is more likely. Note. I didn't say it was definitely B, only that it is more likely in my mind. This doesn't require detailed medical knowledge. I've never claimed I was doing anything other than speculating.

The reason why I think so (and I can't believe I'm having to explain this again) is that presumably one of the reason's we've spent the vast amount of money we have on equipment and staff for the category A facility in Lancing is so that we can get our playing assets playing again as soon as possible. Also, we're living in a time now where players often have their own medical staff and are more likely to have responsibility for their own fitness. Again, I don't know that's happening her. Though it's possible.

Really though, you are a bit of an idiot aren't you. If you're suggesting that nobody can post anything on here without professional expertise in the matter or with direct inside information, then I don't know how many of your 56,000 posts you're going to have to retract. But you don't think that really. You just throwing a bit of weight around because you know you don't have a veruy strong argument on the matter.
Seemingly there's only one person in this discussion who can spell Colombia.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Seemingly there's only one person in this discussion who can spell Colombia.

Savage. :bowdown:

For what it's worth, knees are horrible to repair. I'm sure he can walk, run and move without hesitation or concern. But that's a very different standard to being able to play top level sport. Twisting and turning, changing direction and short distance sprints are a very different challenge. Rebuilding those muscles takes a very long time and getting him to a level he is confident he can perform as he wants to is a major challenge. For context, look up Michael Owen's discussion with BT Sport about his injuries and the psychological impact. Or think about Vicente during his time with us, it was more mental than physical for him.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Still living in Colombia, wonder if he will be back in his Sussex residence before the start of the 20/21 season. Been posting some daily fitness and workout videos online.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Still living in Colombia, wonder if he will be back in his Sussex residence before the start of the 20/21 season. Been posting some daily fitness and workout videos online.
International flights resume out of Colombia on September 1st, so he should be able to get out of the country before next season starts ( September 12th ? ).

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Izquierdo injury

He won’t play again for us. If does his pace will be zapped.

Isn’t his contract up next year? I’d just offer him play as you play deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Such a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1285244375606472705[/tweet]

The flight carried Bernal, Quintana, Rigaberto Urán (EF Pro Cycling), Miguel Ángel López (Astana), Fernando Gaviria (UAE Team Emirates) and Esteban Chaves (Mitchelton-Scott), as well as sport stars from basketball and football

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was this plane getting hijacked by any chance, given the hands up top right ???

I think someone shouted “hands up who pays road tax”.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Don't get comments like this, at least give him a chance first and see how he does and then judge but to just write someone off before given that chance is just bizarre imo

I can understand the frustration. 2 years out injured. No confirmation he will be fit for pre season. We don't seem to be able to get him back in the country or he isn't fussed about coming back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here