Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] José Cifuentes Ecuadorian midfielder

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t really find the prospect of selling all our stand out players after one season exciting tbh. Cucurella felt like a loan signing had a good season with us, thank you very much and off he pops to Chelsea. I would of liked to see how he would of improved his game this season playing for the Albion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t really find the prospect of selling all our stand out players after one season exciting tbh. Cucurella felt like a loan signing had a good season with us, thank you very much and off he pops to Chelsea. I would of liked to see how he would of improved his game this season playing for the Albion.

I kind of agree, but difficult to argue £60m was good business.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

I doubt you'd find many Albion fans who wouldn't have liked to have kept Cucurella for another season (or 2, or the rest of his contract), but given that he wanted to go, I feel like we made the best we could of the situation.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The challenge with this one is that if we buy him then he’s unlikely to play first team football for us this season, so we buy and send him out on loan, maybe loan him back to his parent club for the rest of their season.
Isn’t there now a cap on overseas loan moves for a club? Is it 6, and have we used those already or have just one left?
If there’s one left then it’s a possibility but then we have to find a loan move for Kozlowski. You’d think the ideal one would be USG but if we’ve used all of our overseas ones up then that’s a no go. Championship would potentially be a tough one for Kacper as he wasn’t a regular starter at USG last season.

Obviously I’m just speculating but I’m sure that these are the dilemmas facing David Weir and Gordon Greer and another consideration as to whether we buy a player like Jose.
If he’s worth it, then I’m sure we’ll find a way.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The challenge with this one is that if we buy him then he’s unlikely to play first team football for us this season, so we buy and send him out on loan, maybe loan him back to his parent club for the rest of their season.
Isn’t there now a cap on overseas loan moves for a club? Is it 6, and have we used those already or have just one left?
If there’s one left then it’s a possibility but then we have to find a loan move for Kozlowski. You’d think the ideal one would be USG but if we’ve used all of our overseas ones up then that’s a no go. Championship would potentially be a tough one for Kacper as he wasn’t a regular starter at USG last season.

Obviously I’m just speculating but I’m sure that these are the dilemmas facing David Weir and Gordon Greer and another consideration as to whether we buy a player like Jose.

It's a maximum of 8 overseas loans this season, but doesn't apply to players who are under 21 or those who are club trained. Now depending on the definition of club trained we've only got 4 out on loan, Simon Adringa is under 21 and I'm assuming Aaron Connolly counts as club trained so we've got 4 more overseas loans available. Kozlowski can go anywhere on loan and not affect the numbers either as he's still only 18.

Actually having checked all our loan moves Sima should still count as Under 21 as I'd assume the cut off date is the same as for the PL 25 man squad, so it looks like we've still got 5 overseas loan moves available.

https://www.sports.legal/2022/02/the-low-down-on-fifas-new-player-loan-regulations/

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It's a maximum of 8 overseas loans this season, but doesn't apply to players who are under 21 or those who are club trained. Now depending on the definition of club trained we've only got 4 out on loan, Simon Adringa is under 21 and I'm assuming Aaron Connolly counts as club trained so we've got 4 more overseas loans available. Kozlowski can go anywhere on loan and not affect the numbers either as he's still only 18.

Actually having checked all our loan moves Sima should still count as Under 21 as I'd assume the cut off date is the same as for the PL 25 man squad, so it looks like we've still got 5 overseas loan moves available.

https://www.sports.legal/2022/02/the-low-down-on-fifas-new-player-loan-regulations/

Glad you know your stuff!
Seems less of an issue than I thought.
Let’s get him in then.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Lallana will drop out soon abd potter loves a rotation. 3 game in so no need to. We have moder out for longer than expected too so there is a definite need for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
…a player like Jose. If he’s worth it, then I’m sure we’ll find a way.

Because otherwise it’d be… no way Jose.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We can already field a full 5 in midfield of South Americans:

Enciso Alzate Caicedo MacAllister Sarmiento

Add this lad the to middle, then Sarmiento (or Ale) can push forward to support (Argentina-qualified) Maupay.

Where are the South American DEFENDERS for heaven's sake?! Ashworth OUT.

Is the Copa America played during the club season (honestly can’t remember), if so we could be screwed with our squad being left so depleted !

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Lallana will drop out soon abd potter loves a rotation. 3 game in so no need to. We have moder out for longer than expected too so there is a definite need for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why will Lallana drop out soon? A injury free former England and Liverpool star who was quoted recently as being in the best form of career? I think you've missed that, like Welbeck, he seems to have put his injuries behind him.

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
So Jose Cifuentes on the way to Brighton ? He said goodbye on Instagram and also posted goodbye video. According to South American press is either Brighton or Valladolid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here