Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jordan Henderson - Saudi move not about the money

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What a TOOL.

Henderson: People will see this club come with loads of money and he’s just gone, “Yeah, I’m going.” When in reality that just wasn’t the case at all. People can believe me or not, but in my life and my career, money has never been a motivation. Ever. Don’t get me wrong, when you move, the business deal has to be tight. You have to have financials, you have to feel wanted, you have to feel valued. And money is a part of that. But that wasn’t the sole reason. And these possibilities came up before money was even mentioned.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Convincing himself that that's true. And all these other players arent going there for the money are they Jordan?

If it wasnt about money why didnt he look for another Prem club like Lallana did? Could have stayed in a top league, earning decent money, avoided moving his family to a country with a horrible human rights record, and im sure he would have found a club ''that made him feel wanted''....

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I honestly believe the Saudi thing will end in disaster, one player/player partner/player kid, will do something like have sex on a beach and then they will go to jail (risk hanging if it is a gay relationship??).

The other players will be out of there in an instant.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
What a TOOL.

Henderson: People will see this club come with loads of money and he’s just gone, “Yeah, I’m going.” When in reality that just wasn’t the case at all. People can believe me or not, but in my life and my career, money has never been a motivation. Ever. Don’t get me wrong, when you move, the business deal has to be tight. You have to have financials, you have to feel wanted, you have to feel valued. And money is a part of that. But that wasn’t the sole reason. And these possibilities came up before money was even mentioned.

Wow. He should have just kept his mouth shut. 'Moneys not important' followed by two paragraphs one why money needs to be important.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I honestly believe the Saudi thing will end in disaster, one player/player partner/player kid, will do something like have sex on a beach and then they will go to jail (risk hanging if it is a gay relationship??).

The other players will be out of there in an instant.
Footballers will be above the law there.

This sports-washing project is one of the government's top priorities. And there's no independent judiciary.

Any Saudi police who arrests a player for breaking the local laws will never be seen again.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
"But that Money wasn't the sole reason"
but a major factor though eh....

To late fella, we know the real reason.
I'd love to see him put together his list of all the other reasons (that don't instrinsically link back to him being paid lots of money).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here