Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Any chance this guy could still be the marquee signing that we need?

Since we missed out, and he went on loan to São Paulo, he scored 11 goals in 14 matches.

We were definately interest before and those figures only serve to prove his potential.

I'm all for blowing the entire transfer budget on him.

Even if we miss out on promotion, his resale value is only going to increase.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Any chance this guy could still be the marquee signing that we need?

Since we missed out, and he went on loan to São Paulo, he scored 11 goals in 14 matches.

We were definately interest before and those figures only serve to prove his potential.

I'm all for blowing the entire transfer budget on him.

Even if we miss out on promotion, his resale value is only going to increase.

Was thinking the same.
Now he has a single "owner" a deal might be easier?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can we get this thread past 100 pages (in my default view, 200 in other's)?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Part of our success last season was based on a fabulous dressing room and team ethic. The way Calleri (or at least his management team/family) have behaved over transfer talks over the last few months, I don't think we really need his like in our dressing room, no matter how good he might be in South America.
I'm afraid it's a do one, Calleri, from me.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Part of our success last season was based on a fabulous dressing room and team ethic. The way Calleri (or at least his management team/family) have behaved over transfer talks over the last few months, I don't think we really need his like in our dressing room, no matter how good he might be in South America.
I'm afraid it's a do one, Calleri, from me.

Don't blame the son for the sins of his father.

Neymar's dad was far worse, would you turn your nose up at him?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh, NOT AGAIN...... this thread is like a deranged ex that won't stop stalking.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't blame the son for the sins of his father.

Neymar's dad was far worse, would you turn your nose up at him?
Yes, if we had to pay the amount that was needed to satisfy Neymar's dad. Besides, I'd like to think that a player might have enough backbone to make his own decisions.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Yes, if we had to pay the amount that was needed to satisfy Neymar's dad. Besides, I'd like to think that a player might have enough backbone to make his own decisions.

Fair point, Neymars dad was paid a $40 million backhander. Calleri would cost half of that.

Calleri's dad is his agent, and all players decisions are influenced by thier agents. It's not a question of backbone, purely taking the advice of those he pays to handle such things. No different to any other professional footballer. (Apart from Neymar)

We are a different proposition to the last time we courted him. We have proved we are capable of launching a sustained promotion push. Not coming off the back of a relegation fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports